Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Level 10 Innovations 200ct extended primer tube

DWFAN

Probably worth having on an automated press. Means you only have to stop and fill half as often. It's a pretty questionable benefit though vs filling every 100. But for the guy with 1050 and mk7 and rf100 etc it might be worth it.

I actually just realized I wouldn't be able to use this even if I wanted because my ceiling doesn't have enough clearance to fit a double length magazine with enough clearance for the primer fill tubes. Even if it did, I would probably have to stand up to load it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I preload tubes, so dumping 2 instead of 1 isn't an issue... but I don't have 30 inches above the follower anyway. I wasn't asking if it was a time saver or dangerous, I was asking if anyone used it.

Edited by DWFAN

First I have seen it actually. Although I can't see how it would actually save much time. Then again I don't have the auto drive and all the fancy gadgets for speed some of those on here do. I think a bullet feeder will be the next improvement for my 650 and Ill keep saving for that.

First I have seen it actually. Although I can't see how it would actually save much time. Then again I don't have the auto drive and all the fancy gadgets for speed some of those on here do. I think a bullet feeder will be the next improvement for my 650 and Ill keep saving for that.

I have a bullet feeder on my 650 and love it!

IMG_20160319_060046330_HDR_zpskiesjsup.j

I actually took the bullet feeder off my auto drive 1050 which I sold in favor of the 650

IMG_20160308_225423052_zps7ozh8em4.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have the extended tubes on my s1050's. They have added to the productivity of my loading sessions nearly as much as when I added the MBF's.

I also had whole prime tubes chain detonate, before and after putting on the extensions. There is no difference to the experience.

As priming compound is a high velocity event, it is over before you can have any reaction. You don't even get to flinch.

I have always worn eye and ear protection. They have been just as safe to use as the factory setup. I continue to use them and I am a happy customer.

I have the extended tubes on my s1050's. They have added to the productivity of my loading sessions nearly as much as when I added the MBF's.

I also had whole prime tubes chain detonate, before and after putting on the extensions. There is no difference to the experience.

As priming compound is a high velocity event, it is over before you can have any reaction. You don't even get to flinch.

I have always worn eye and ear protection. They have been just as safe to use as the factory setup. I continue to use them and I am a happy customer.

Thanks for the info. Was the detonation any bigger or worse than 100? I could see that with 200, some of the primers would be expelled from the tube before going off, not making it as big as one would think.

$85 for another foot of tubing?!? I literally thought it might be 10-15 bucks at most. I'll bet a nerd could clamp something together that would accomplish the same thing

Old re-loader saying !

Why step in shit when you can walk around it.

Have seen 100 primers go boom once, I think I will just walk around 200.

Thanks for sharing, Hope it works out for you.

:excl: