Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gear for USPSA

Qoo

Hello Shooters,

What brand and model of holster and mag pouch do you use for the USPSA?

My open gun (CK Arms Thunder 9mm) will be here on Wednesday and currently i have the CR Speed Belt, CR Speed WSM2 Holster, CR Speed Versa Mag Pouch.

I saw a lot of people use DAA Holster, Mag Pouch.

What are the pros and cons? Any feedback or information sharing would be much appreciated.

Thanks

My only experience is with DAA products. The holster and mag pouches have enough adjustments to fit every shooter's preference. Once adjusted make sure you loctite the screws. They can and will backout.

Good luck with your new gun.

If you already have the holster, belt and mag pouches. I'd wait till the you have the gun and try it out. You may be happy with what you have, or at least you can then decide what you don't like about that set up. That info may help you to make a more informed decision about your next purchase.

DAA belt, blade tech holster w/ boss attachment for production - also have a Safariland 5197 in their USPSA mount for single stack - ghost mag pouches for each.

In my opinion the blade tech / boss and Safariland set ups are about equal. I'm totally happy with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of cr speed have seen lots of guys have there double alpha holsters where the gun hangers up

Lot's ? I have not seen anyone's gun hang up in a Race Master unless something was wrong with the gun fit.

Thank you all so very much for the valuable feedback and suggestions.

I will start with my CR Speed setup and play with it for now, if anything need to be change later on i will do that.

You all are very helpful, much appreciated.

I'm a big fan of cr speed have seen lots of guys have there double alpha holsters where the gun hangers up

Lot's ? I have not seen anyone's gun hang up in a Race Master unless something was wrong with the gun fit.

I used to run a race master. I developed a problem where the gun would hang up on the draw, it became a deal problem. I completely cleaned and inspected the holster several times. Problem persisted. Then at the Columbia cascade sectional a couple years ago the gun totally jammed in the holster on a stage. Spent 20 seconds on the clock trying to free it. Was about to give up and zero the stage when I got it free.

Needless to say that was the last straw. Later when investigating the matter I discovered it was a incompatibility of the holster to handle a quirk that had developed with my draw. With the race master design, if you begin to cant the muzzle forward sharply before pulling upward on the gun the trigger guard will jam the nylon trigger retention block in the holster body. Do it sharply enough and it locks up quite firmly. In hindsight I understand this is not due to a holster failure, rather the holster cannot cope with a draw that is "out of spec"

I have switched to the CR WSM holster and with its muzzle supporting design this is no longer an issue.

The DAA is a great holster, however given my draw style of coming down on top of the gun first before pulling the draw the CR design works better.

For what it's worth :)

I used to run a race master. I developed a problem where the gun would hang up on the draw, it became a deal problem. I completely cleaned and inspected the holster several times. Problem persisted. Then at the Columbia cascade sectional a couple years ago the gun totally jammed in the holster on a stage. Spent 20 seconds on the clock trying to free it. Was about to give up and zero the stage when I got it free.

Needless to say that was the last straw. Later when investigating the matter I discovered it was a incompatibility of the holster to handle a quirk that had developed with my draw. With the race master design, if you begin to cant the muzzle forward sharply before pulling upward on the gun the trigger guard will jam the nylon trigger retention block in the holster body. Do it sharply enough and it locks up quite firmly. In hindsight I understand this is not due to a holster failure, rather the holster cannot cope with a draw that is "out of spec"

I have switched to the CR WSM holster and with its muzzle supporting design this is no longer an issue.

The DAA is a great holster, however given my draw style of coming down on top of the gun first before pulling the draw the CR design works better.

For what it's worth :)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, the information is very valuable for me.

Just be aware the cr speed doesn't conpletely lock the gun. You can still remove the gun even In the locked mode. For that reason alone it certainly will never jam the gun.

Also the race master has a muzzle support too which would solve the problem you had.

Just be aware the cr speed doesn't conpletely lock the gun. You can still remove the gun even In the locked mode. For that reason alone it certainly will never jam the gun.

Also the race master has a muzzle support too which would solve the problem you had.

Thanks much for the heads up, i will be setting it up tomorrow and play with it.

If you already have the holster, belt and mag pouches. I'd wait ....

+1 I agree

Appreciate your feedback, you all correct, since i have the setup then just play with it for now and make upgrade when needed.