Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reduction under the beavertail, even with the thicker frame, means smaller hands can still get a good trigger position in DA.

How much thicker is the frame? Is it close to a large frame tanfo?

The Shadow 2 seems to address all the issues I had with the Shadow I used to have, while keeping and improving on the Shadows strong points. My Shadow was too sloppy in slide to frame and barrel to slide fitting and accuracy suffered, plus I prefer the full five inches barrel length. If the grip suits me and my small hands in spite of the frame being thicker, then I will be very tempted to trade away my Tanfoglio Stock 2 AU for a Shadow 2.

A durable flat black accurate five-incher with renowned and improved CZ trigger sounds like perfection.

The Shadow 2 seems to address all the issues I had with the Shadow I used to have, while keeping and improving on the Shadows strong points. My Shadow was too sloppy in slide to frame and barrel to slide fitting and accuracy suffered, plus I prefer the full five inches barrel length. If the grip suits me and my small hands in spite of the frame being thicker, then I will be very tempted to trade away my Tanfoglio Stock 2 AU for a Shadow 2.

A durable flat black accurate five-incher with renowned and improved CZ trigger sounds like perfection.

lol

I don't know what so "lol" about that but I have never seen a US Shadow. Here in Germany the factory shooting target that comes with the pistol is pretty discouraging. Since it's a little harder to buy guns here, this little piece of paper has stopped me from buying a Shadow on two separate occasions.

Edited by beastyboy

lol

I can only speak of my own experiences, I expect there are Shadows that are both better and worse than the one I used to have.

The Shadow sure is accurate, but accuracy is a relative term. If the original Shadow has no room for improvement in the accuracy department, then the Accu-Shadow would have no market.

The Shadow I had was not accurate enough for me. To quantify, I could never get better than 2 inch groups at 25 meters, no matter how I loaded. My Tanfoglio Stock 2 AU cuts that nearly in half, and I would expect an Accu-Shadow and the Shadow 2 to do the same. My Stock 2 also has a slight play in the fitting, but nowhere near the amount my Shadow had. Sorry for using the word "sloppy", but it was bad enough to justify the term, IMO.

The bushing Shadow 2 is amazing to play with (not shoot as they couldn't do that at IWA). the barrel stays solid as the slide moves back, better than a regular one.

Remember that the test targets are done by human beings and not ransom rests. I've shot better groups than all my test targets out of all my guns. Our Canadian edition Shadowmates however, are the nicest example of Shadows I've seen yet (outside of the 2) and in fact are tighter than the 2s we saw at IWA. the slide to frame fit is as close to an SV as you can probably get with a Shadow. Seriously tight, with every new one I run into at class being better than the previous one. And they stay tight. Should we see that with the new 2, I will be very excited.

According to the IPSC Global village the bushing model is not standard......

There is no barrel bushing on the regular S2. We have it on the two guns that were shown at IWA as custom made guns. We were thinking about to use it on the Standard SAO Shadow or on the Orange model which will be out in a year time approx.

yes, which is exactly what I said in both my Facebook posts and the email I sent Vince. A number of us were told this while at the show and posted about it, but apparently we are "unreliable" according to him. lol.

According to the IPSC Global village the bushing model is not standard......

There is no barrel bushing on the regular S2. We have it on the two guns that were shown at IWA as custom made guns. We were thinking about to use it on the Standard SAO Shadow or on the Orange model which will be out in a year time approx.

on another note, quick question. How many images am I allowed to link to (and why is there a limit)? Trying to group the pics by content and keep getting told I'm posting too many.

the frame is 1mm thicker on each side so 2mm thicker all told

the reduction under the beavertail, even with the thicker frame, means smaller hands can still get a good trigger position in DA.

How much thicker is the frame? Is it close to a large frame tanfo?

Too bad about the bushing not being standard and making it into the IPSC Production approved list. Hope the standard Shadow 2 has good enough tolerances without the bushing.

Hopefully they incorporate it into the orange model, that would be cool.