CZ 75/SP01 Comprehensive Grip information post

Vanniek71

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^^^^^^ The LOKs have just as much bite as the VZ DBs as THA1000 states above. I just had Jayson run a set of the CZ grips in the "roughneck" pattern which he offers in 1911 grips as a very aggressive texture. I have not shot them yet, but they have a lot of bite. They have many tiny pyramids holding your hand instead of the boogies where the holes actually absorb the meat from your hand. I will try to compare the roughnecks to the DBs as well.

So far all of the reports I heard on the boogie texturing has been good. Some people have actually knocked down some sharp edges.

I had VZ Dimondbacks on my 1911's. I really can't see the need for more aggressive grip than the LOK's already have. IMO it's more about the shooters grip on the gun. I grip like a vise and the LOK's aren't moving anywhere.

Edited by BASE772

I just put a set of LOK Bogie's on a new to me Pre-B. They are by far the most aggressive, grippy grips I have tried. I can see lots more of them in my future. They lock the gun to your hand and I love them.

I have the new palm swell LOK grips also and love them. I have really small hands and use them with the full relief cut with no problems at all. I don't even have to adjust the gun my hand to hit the mag release.

Hi guys,

I poked through this thread but with so many pages it's hard to keep it clear. I'm looking for current production grips that are the same size/shape as the factory rubber grips with more aggressive texture. If they are slightly larger that is fine too.

I tried the flat aluminum grips and I can't hold on to the gun. The factory grips feel great, but are slippery with sweat. Thanks for your help.

Hi guys,

I poked through this thread but with so many pages it's hard to keep it clear. I'm looking for current production grips that are the same size/shape as the factory rubber grips with more aggressive texture. If they are slightly larger that is fine too.

I tried the flat aluminum grips and I can't hold on to the gun. The factory grips feel great, but are slippery with sweat. Thanks for your help.

You want the LOK's with the palm swell.

Hi guys,

Try some skateboard tape before you give up on them.

I stumbled across the Lok Brip Bogie with the palm swell and bought a pair. I just installed them on my Witness. Usually the Witness grips are slightly off from the CZ and that is true in this case, you can see a touch of daylight on the front edge. But they are hard and do not flex like the factory CZ plastic grips. I will have to get a second pair for my SP01. Hopefully they will add some other color options in the future to add some snazz but the basic black always works...

I will vouch for the other posters, these have a great feel and are very grippy. They add a much needed fullness around the middle for big hands.

FB576DF1-D8CA-403B-8A3E-90F621C68DDE_zps

10E2638E-3C86-4540-AD6B-44E02C3F7D65_zps

I stumbled across the Lok Brip Bogie with the palm swell and bought a pair. I just installed them on my Witness. Usually the Witness grips are slightly off from the CZ and that is true in this case, you can see a touch of daylight on the front edge. But they are hard and do not flex like the factory CZ plastic grips. I will have to get a second pair for my SP01. Hopefully they will add some other color options in the future to add some snazz but the basic black always works...

I will vouch for the other posters, these have a great feel and are very grippy. They add a much needed fullness around the middle for big hands.

FB576DF1-D8CA-403B-8A3E-90F621C68DDE_zps

10E2638E-3C86-4540-AD6B-44E02C3F7D65_zps

Do you think guys might be interested in this profile for the Witness? I could see if LOK would be willing to entertain this and adjust the locking plate on the back for the Witness.

I ordered a set of LOK Grips Roughneck pattern with full thumb relief from PSS (www.practicalshootingsports.com). Jeff Hicks of PSS had loaned me a set of the Bogey pattern that I shot on the range and really liked them, but after shooting a local match today with the Roughnecks I slightly prefer them over the Bogie pattern. Both have the same palm swell for a superior grip, but my preference is for the Roughneck pattern. I've taken some close up pics so you can see the palm swell and the pattern.

20160604_212132_zps1stxngig.jpg

20160604_212201_zpsknt66fan.jpg

20160604_212300_zps1bnemhzw.jpg

20160604_212343_zpsrgv0neqj.jpg

20160604_212421_zpse7f7rojj.jpg

20160604_212510_zpswpo8iott.jpg

I need to take some material off the top of the LOK grips to help with my grip. Is it ok to sand these grips a little with a file or something. I just need to take some thickness off the top parts of the grips under the safeties.

I need to take some material off the top of the LOK grips to help with my grip. Is it ok to sand these grips a little with a file or something. I just need to take some thickness off the top parts of the grips under the safeties.

I took a very delicate file to the top of mine to knock down some of the sharp edges. This was only with the Bogies. With the roughneck pattern I did not feel like I needed to remove anything and have not noticed any sharp annoying places. You will have no issues with the file or sandpaper. It may not take much so just try not to remove too much. I also removed material from 1911 grips in the past as well made of the same material.

It's fine to remove some material, be wary it can ruin files etc (G10 is kinda nasty) and once you are done if you want to get rid of the hazy color it can leave, rub some silicone/wd40 over the area and it will make it black and dark again.

Any estimate on what they'll retail for?

I honestly have not discussed price with him yet. I know to get this thickness required a different thickness of G10. I will inquire on pricing as Jayson will set that.

I should've read this thread before buying my blue aluminum grips. I had no idea that they wouldn't have a palmswell. Way too thin for my big paws. I will be ordering the Lok grips you helped develop.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

With all the great grips LOK is making the triangular Shadow cut grips would also be a big seller. I wonder if that is also in the works? I would replace every set of aluminum grips I have with a set of Bogies if they do.

I sent you a PM.

With all the great grips LOK is making the triangular Shadow cut grips would also be a big seller. I wonder if that is also in the works? I would replace every set of aluminum grips I have with a set of Bogies if they do.

For anyone else out there, please thank Bowenbuilt for asking. I contacted Jayson @ LOK Grips and he is going to make a run of the CZ metal triangle style grips in the popular G10 material. It will be about 1-2 months before they go into production and I will be posting these once they are completed.