Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75/SP01 Comprehensive Grip information post

Vanniek71

Cracked my second set of Copper's this past weekend. Back on the hunt for a palm swell grip that is grippier than the factory rubber/plastic...

Looks like the SSI Scales are topping the charts at 1.334... might try those.
I've got some Toni systems grips that are wider, I haven't had time to put them in here yet. I'll do it tonight.

They have a palm swell too

Here are the dimensions:

Vanniek71,

Where can I get a set of those grips?

Found them here, but shipping may be a headache.

http://www.dutch-gun-accessories.com/index.php/toni-system-x3d-aluminium-grips-cz-75-sp-01.html

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cracked my second set of Copper's this past weekend. Back on the hunt for a palm swell grip that is grippier than the factory rubber/plastic...

I've got some Toni systems grips that are wider, I haven't had time to put them in here yet. I'll do it tonight.

Here are the dimensions:

Vanniek71,

http://www.dutch-gun-accessories.com/index.php/toni-system-x3d-aluminium-grips-cz-75-sp-01.html

I got mine there as well. They aren't cheap, but that company is super to work with. Before you order email them and talk with Stefan Menting. He will make the whole process easy. I actually connected with him on Facebook and in the end he just sent me an invoice for the grips and I didn't have to order through the website. Shipping only took ~5-6 days.

Total was $126 USD

Those are gorgeous. They look like they could be slick when you sweat though, how grippy are they?

I know another guy that loves them, I prefer grips that shred my hands because they are so aggressive. With some pro grip I think these would be fine, but not sure if they are my style.

Love the palm swell, needs more cheese grater for me personally. I may take them to a machine shop and see if I can get the Phoenix Trinity style treatment on them

Those are gorgeous. They look like they could be slick when you sweat though, how grippy are they?

I know another guy that loves them, I prefer grips that shred my hands because they are so aggressive. With some pro grip I think these would be fine, but not sure if they are my style.

Love the palm swell, needs more cheese grater for me personally. I may take them to a machine shop and see if I can get the Phoenix Trinity style treatment on them

I have been working with LOK grips on building some G10 grips that will be 1.480 in the golf ball pattern aggressive texture with their standard locking pattern on the rear. These are built real similar to the wood grips on the 40 anniversary model CZ that are wider than the factory rubber or plastic, with a good arch. I should have a prototype to test any day. I plan on running them on the range pretty hard as I have been trying to get this done for about a year now. Depending on the feel there is a good possibility I will make a recommendation to add a mag scoop.

http://lokgrips.com

If you would like to know more about these or ask further questions send me an email at practicalshootingsports@gmail.com

I like the Hogue aluminum smooth grips with grip tape on them. Nice hand filling size. Not sexy but they work.

I use this combo on my TS. I think it's perfect.

Here are the dimensions:

Vanniek71,

I got mine there as well. They aren't cheap, but that company is super to work with. Before you order email them and talk with Stefan Menting. He will make the whole process easy. I actually connected with him on Facebook and in the end he just sent me an invoice for the grips and I didn't have to order through the website. Shipping only took ~5-6 days.

Total was $126 USD

Thanks! I hit up Stefan for a set of SP01 Shadow and Stock 3 grips.

I think I saw a post by Automatic Accuracy saying they were working with VZ grips to get a grip for CZ's in a more aggressive texture. I'd love a set, I think the VZ's fit my hand great but I wish they were more grippy. Anyone have any more news on this?

I spoke with Matt a few weeks back. I know he gave them a test run and returned to VZ to start production. He eluded it would not take VZ long to start manufacturing them. He might have exclusive rights initially to distribute them so may not be a bad idea to just call his shop. Judging by this post they may not follow ENOS everyday.

I like my cheap plastic CZ factory grips with Talon grip tape. I don't care about looks. I did have a little problem with my weak hand mashing up against the the high spot at the top of the grip, so I just took a file to it and polished it up with some fine sand paper. Looks like it was made like that. There's nothing illegal about this is there? Seems like if any company in the world can make them any way they want, I should be able to do the same thing in my garage. It's the American way...

Edited by Just4FunLP

I like my cheap plastic CZ factory grips with Talon grip tape. I don't care about looks. I did have a little problem with my weak hand mashing up against the the high spot on the grip, so I just took a file to it and polished it up with some fine sand paper. Looks like it was made like that. There's nothing illegal about this is there? Seems like if any company in the world can make them any way they want, I should be able to do the same thing in my garage. It's the American way...

Im tempted to get a set of plastic ones, sand and try to stipple them.

Edited by tha1000

As discussed on some previous posts I have been working with LOK grips on some thick grips with adequate palm swell. He is mailing these out for testing on Monday morning so I will probably have them Wednesday and I plan on getting right to the range. I will also take some measurements with the calipers so everyone can see thickness, etc. I am really looking forward to these and will post my analysis on them as well. There will be some cosmetic changes as we get closer to the final product.

post-38010-0-69322200-1458492371_thumb.j

post-38010-0-83412600-1458492411_thumb.j

post-38010-0-51875400-1458492434_thumb.j

post-38010-0-81152500-1458492463_thumb.j

As discussed on some previous posts I have been working with LOK grips on some thick grips with adequate palm swell. He is mailing these out for testing on Monday morning so I will probably have them Wednesday and I plan on getting right to the range. I will also take some measurements with the calipers so everyone can see thickness, etc. I am really looking forward to these and will post my analysis on them as well. There will be some cosmetic changes as we get closer to the final product.

Those don't look too bad! Is there going to be that texture and then a more aggressive texture by chance? I'm not kidding when I say I prefer shredded hands after a match.

Those don't look too bad! Is there going to be that texture and then a more aggressive texture by chance? I'm not kidding when I say I prefer shredded hands after a match.

I am of the same opinion as you on shredded hands. He says this texture is pretty aggressive, however I will not know until I get them in my hands. That will be part of the feedback I provide to him. If they feel like they are lacking I will definitely reply.

I am of the same opinion as you on shredded hands. He says this texture is pretty aggressive, however I will not know until I get them in my hands. That will be part of the feedback I provide to him. If they feel like they are lacking I will definitely reply.

Awesome keep me posted please!