Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75/SP01 Comprehensive Grip information post

Vanniek71

Got to play, briefly, with a set of the Lok grips at BITB, while shooting with Jeff.

Thought they felt great. I've always been a little frustrated by a selection of grips that just seem so thin. Can't wait to spend a little more time with my own set of these.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So is the relief offered on the LOK website the half relief? There are only two options.

Jayson said mine would ship Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Right now he has the half relief up. He had talked about only offering one, but I think I got him talked into offering both types. I will ask him when he will put the other model up. Here is the link to the youtube video with the full relief on my gun

I really think these might be a game changer for cz shooters with man sized hands.

They are only .015" thicker than stock grips, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, that's what I saw too. Plus with the relief cut you should be able to use them with smaller hands without issues.

JHicks8h where are you at in central Illinois?

I am near Springfield, IL. If you go to practicalshootingsports.com or practical shooting sports on facebook I have a ton of pictures of the project. My measurements were 1.51 which is actually quite a bit wider, but with the relief cuts a lot less material than even CZ lemon graters. There is a photo with a caliper across it. Hit me on Facebook or message me of you want more details

I really think these might be a game changer for cz shooters with man sized hands.

They are only .015" thicker than stock grips, unless I'm missing something.

The rubber grips are my favorite, but I've never been satisfied with the grippiness of them, so I use the VZ's. This will be night and day vs the vz's.

I just ordered the regular LOK Bogey grips yesterday. I then read about the new ones you guys are working on. I will give them a shot. They sound like they have a pretty good guarantee that you will be satisfied.

How did you like these? Is there any curvature at all, or is it really flat? I saw their newer ones but they might be too much palm swell for my small hands.
. They are flat there is no curve to it . I like the grips.

Had a few people on Social Media asking for specific weights and stuff of the new LOK Grips, so thought I should add this on here as well. Here are some photos and a comparison of the CZ Lemon Graters Thick Aggressive Texture Aluminum. I also added the screen cap that was posted on the CZ forum in 2010 of grip thickness and weight.

post-38010-0-02014700-1462856815_thumb.j

post-38010-0-26579300-1462856830_thumb.j

post-38010-0-71761700-1462856838_thumb.j

post-38010-0-09844500-1462856848_thumb.j

post-38010-0-99596800-1462856982_thumb.j

I've used several different grips for my Accu. I tried VZ Diamond pattern, great aggressive texture but just too thin. I tried the thick CZC lemon graters, again great texture, but just too flat. The last year i've been using the cheap plastic CZ USA grips with walking tape as they had the best palm swell so i could have my hands on more surface area. Well, i got to handle several of the prototypes Jeff was testing out (i'm one of the B class shooters he mentioned). In my opinion these are the best grips available for max surface area contact for hand to grip. Quite frankly it's not even close. Regardless of hand size these grips will give any shooter max surface area contact for a better, stronger grip.

Nill grips are 1.41"

post-53986-0-10917900-1463086941_thumb.j

I put the LOK and Nill grips on back to back. The LOK grips felt slightly smaller, but much grippier :) I understand the measurements say the LOK grips should feel bigger, but they felt slightly smaller. Maybe it's my hand fat sinking into the dimples in the LOK grips :)

So anyway, initial impressions are these are awesome. There is way more real estate for my support hand.

I've got larger than average cake grabbers.
2r7swbb.jpg

You can see what room I have to work with on a set of vz's. Basically just turn my strong hand fingers into hamburger meat by crushing the crap out of them.

199jsl.jpg

I probably have a half inch more room on the left side and my trigger finger is in much better position.

2vmsnc3.jpg

I think LOK and JHicks have made a winner.

Edited by tha1000

Just got mine too, had to enlarge the screw holes a bit because I have the torx grip screws, but they feel great so far!

Pre B grip screws don't fit in the hole either. I had to swap grip screws on that one.

So anyway, initial impressions are these are awesome. There is way mor real estate for my support hand.

I've got larger than average cake grabbers.

2r7swbb.jpg

You can see what room I have to work with on a set of vz's. Basically just turn my strong hand fingers into hamburger meat by crushing the crap out of them.

2vmsnc3.jpg

I probably have a half inch more room on the left side and my trigger finger is in much better position.

199jsl.jpg

I think LOK and JHicks have made a winner.

Glad you guys are liking them. LOK has been a great company to work with on this project.

I've found the best fat sized cz grips out there are EAA Rubber grips. The screw holes are pretty close so I ground down the top section of the grips so I could reach the trigger and now my cz had a nice fat round grip. Ill have to measure it later. I have looked for other sets of the rubber grips but have been unable to. The grips I have came off my old EAA T95

***Measured the EAA Rubber grips today. they are 1.415 which isn't the fatest but I think they are wider grips which helps fill the hands better.

Edited by vixty

Just got my LOK grips today from Practical Shooting Sports. WOW!! They feel great! Will be getting a second pair for my back up gun for sure. If I had more CZ's I'd put them on all of them too. Jeff and LOK hit a home run with these for sure.

I did have to make the grip screw holes slightly bigger, which was no big deal. The holes lined up perfectly. The grips also came with the small O-rings to put under the grip screws.

FYI I've tried the thin CZ Custom grips, factory rubber grips, factory plastic grips, the Thick Lemon Grators, and the DAA Thick grips. I've held guns with the VZ's also, but never fired with them.

post-44117-0-18816900-1463262710_thumb.j

post-44117-0-47291800-1463262740_thumb.j

post-44117-0-71146000-1463262752_thumb.j