Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75/SP01 Comprehensive Grip information post

Vanniek71

Ok all,

I have scoured the interwebs for hours trying to find different thicknesses of grips for CZ 75 pistols. I have spent at LEAST $500 trying to find the grips for my gun that feel right. So what I'd like to do with this post is put all the info we can gather in one spot so others don't have to blow a crapload of cash trying to find whats right for them. You can at least make an educated guess on thickness before you order a ton of different grips. Or measure a different pistol you are comfortable with and compare the two.

Here is the format I'd like to use:

• Pic of the grips off the gun with a "thickness measurement" (measured over the screw hole) in inches and mm
  • Pics of grips on the gun with an "overall grip thickness measurement" (Taken from screw hole to screw hole) in inches and mm
  • Link to where these grips can be purchased or a MFG link.
  • Cost of the grips (May mention if there are other colors available too)

I'd like to do a new post for each set of grips so that the information doesn't get messed up. I've got 3 sets right now out of the 6 or so I have tried so I will get those posted.

If you have a set/brand that isn't up here please post it!

Edited by Vanniek71

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I support this post, I am just lazy and will throw my hat in the ring tomorrow if nobody beats me to it on CZC Al thin, VZ Diamond backs, and OEM plastic

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

Copper "lava" grips.

No measurements, but will try to remember to do so when I install a new trigger that I am waiting for.

Noticeably thinner than the rubber grips, probably very similar to the OEM plastic grips or VZ's with a palmswell, and I'd wager that they are lighter than both.

Compared to the factory rubber grips.

wbhu.jpg

Installed.

24pcuw1.jpg

Cost $34 shipped. Available in about 10 colors. I have charcoal and navy blue.

Edited by tha1000

Just out of curiosity, does anyone make a g10 grip with a palm swell or are they all flat?

I just got a set of coppergungrips, they aren't G10 but they are similarish and have a palms well. Someone posted a pic of them above. I'll get some measurements tomorrow

I sent a pair of grips that came off the anniversary model this year to LOK Grips in early December. These are the thickest CZ grips I have found and they have a palm swell to them. I made some recommendations to get them more aggressive and the addition of a thumb scoop for the mag button. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on these. I am confident he will get them mocked up and built as I about scrapped the project trying to find someone to CAD and build them. When he mails the others out I will share all the measurements, however we are doing a few tweaks to the G10 he is creating so these might change slightly. I think part of the issue in talking to him is how the G10 material comes. Seems like these would require a thicker than normal size that most manufactures try to avoid due to cost. Sorry this is all I have right now, but when I get more I will share.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone make a g10 grip with a palm swell or are they all flat?

I just got a set of coppergungrips, they aren't G10 but they are similarish and have a palms well. Someone posted a pic of them above. I'll get some measurements tomorrow

That someone was me. I love the grips, could stand for them to be a bit thicker, from a fit perspective. Bigger concern is that I managed to crack the left side panel with my support hand grip in a match Sunday. The manufacturer is making it right and said he had a bad mold that he has identified and replaced. So I'm going to give them one more try, but looking for a similarly sized and profiled replacement should I manage to break another set.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure I'm gripping the gun hard enough!

I sent a pair of grips that came off the anniversary model this year to LOK Grips in early December. These are the thickest CZ grips I have found and they have a palm swell to them. I made some recommendations to get them more aggressive and the addition of a thumb scoop for the mag button. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on these. I am confident he will get them mocked up and built as I about scrapped the project trying to find someone to CAD and build them. When he mails the others out I will share all the measurements, however we are doing a few tweaks to the G10 he is creating so these might change slightly. I think part of the issue in talking to him is how the G10 material comes. Seems like these would require a thicker than normal size that most manufactures try to avoid due to cost. Sorry this is all I have right now, but when I get more I will share.

Sweet. If they decide to produce them or even make them in a small batch at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Edited by tha1000

Copper "lava" grips.

No measurements, but will try to remember to do so when I install a new trigger that I am waiting for.

Noticeably thinner than the rubber grips, probably very similar to the OEM plastic grips or VZ's with a palmswell, and I'd wager that they are lighter than both.

The Copper Guns lava grips weigh just 0.80 ounces.

Measured the Copper gun grips today, so creating an all in one post for them

Copper Gun Grips

• 8.34mm, .328 inches thick
  • 33.19 mm, 1.306 inches on gun

Images (Credit tha1000)

wbhu.jpg

24pcuw1.jpg

http://shop.coppergungrips.com/CZ-75-85-SP-01-Grips-Lava-Rock-Texture-CZ75L.htm

Price: $34 + shipping - as stated above 10 different colors and the option for custom colors.

• 1 month later...

Cracked my second set of Copper's this past weekend. Back on the hunt for a palm swell grip that is grippier than the factory rubber/plastic...

Looks like the SSI Scales are topping the charts at 1.334... might try those.

Cracked my second set of Copper's this past weekend. Back on the hunt for a palm swell grip that is grippier than the factory rubber/plastic...

They're still flat.

I've got some Toni systems grips that are wider, I haven't had time to put them in here yet. I'll do it tonight.

They have a palm swell too

15fbc9abc815f094d8e94323a30c2b9a.jpg

Here are the dimensions:

665575dd12c2897d14bb7ca46f991f0e.jpg

546c039c34ad3331822b9d87246c1b6c.jpg

Edited by Vanniek71

I've got some Toni systems grips that are wider, I haven't had time to put them in here yet. I'll do it tonight.

They have a palm swell too

15fbc9abc815f094d8e94323a30c2b9a.jpg

Here are the dimensions:

665575dd12c2897d14bb7ca46f991f0e.jpg

546c039c34ad3331822b9d87246c1b6c.jpg

Vanniek71,

Where can I get a set of those grips?