Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha belt sizing?

LeviSS

I'm confused.

Some sites say order your pant size.

Some sites say measure your actual waist and round up to the next even number.

Some reviewers are saying to add up to 6".

What do I need to do to get the right belt the first time?

Edited by LeviSS

I wear 34" pants and use 36" DAA belts, both Pro and Competition belts. Perfect amount of overlap for me. (have 4 rigs: Single-stack with room for 7x DAA SS mag holders, Ltd, Open, and 3-gun with room for 3 Invictus 2.8's, double pistol mag pouch, AR mag pouch, and holster)

Edited by EDA

I Should have noted I didn't need the extra overlap for my limited belt I wanted more for the belt as I am hooking it behind me now instead of front like my SS/production belt. as the poster above also stated if you wear a 34 a 36 belt will give you 2" of overlap which should be plenty.

• 3 months later...

I'm confused.

Some sites say order your pant size.

Some sites say measure your actual waist and round up to the next even number.

Some reviewers are saying to add up to 6".

What do I need to do to get the right belt the first time?

Take a tape measure and measure your actual waist circumference. Order the size you measure. If you are in between sizes, size up. So if you measure 35, get a 36 belt.

Sizing one size up is not a problem at all. Just do not use your pants size as a reference.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my pant size the first time, way too small, get 4 inches over your pants size

I agree. 4" over pant size would be ideal. I ordered 6" over mine... and with all my mags and magnet that wrap around behind my back, there was too much overlap, so i had to cut a couple inches off the belt and use a lighter to keep it from fraying.

I wear 36 pants and got a 38 belt. It works, tho I would not be upset with a little more overlap. If I was buying another I'd go +4 and get a 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shooterDrew

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a 33-34" waist

I ordered a 34" and I have 0 overlap;

wish I would have gone larger. I wear the belt backwards and was trying to put shotgun shell holders up front.

Previously I was trying to use this for 3 gun also and have a few rifle mag pouches that might make the belt "shrink" as it seems to keep the belt off the inner belt a bit; but not sure...

I ordered 7" over waste measurement per the instruction on DAA website. It works fine for me.

I double checked. The DAA Website says for the DDA Pro Belt to measure waist and add 7" and order that. The DDA Competition belt says measure your waist size and order that. But the actual dimensions are +7" on the chart.

• 2 weeks later...