Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

"THIS IS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER" is what I thought months ago driving with friends to an area match when the topic of Production Optics arose.

I started USPSA with a Glock 34 and it is now my guest gun (friends from of town, teaching friends and kids how to shoot...) and sits ignored in the safe. So, I just ordered a Deltapoint 7.5MOA new for $300 shipped. Used Paypal so I can pay over six months with no interest. :)

I think it sounds like fun to try - at worst, I'm spent $300 and can either recover most of it through classifieds, or use it on an offset mount on my rifle.

WOOHOO!!!!

Lester

Get a quality Torx wrench or you will trash the adjustment screws. Also, I have an pic offset mount for your rifle you can have to the paltry price of a few monkey meat snacks...

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"THIS IS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER" is what I thought months ago driving with friends to an area match when the topic of Production Optics arose.

I started USPSA with a Glock 34 and it is now my guest gun (friends from of town, teaching friends and kids how to shoot...) and sits ignored in the safe. So, I just ordered a Deltapoint 7.5MOA new for $300 shipped. Used Paypal so I can pay over six months with no interest. :)

I think it sounds like fun to try - at worst, I'm spent $300 and can either recover most of it through classifieds, or use it on an offset mount on my rifle.

WOOHOO!!!!

Lester

Get a quality Torx wrench or you will trash the adjustment screws. Also, I have an pic offset mount for your rifle you can have to the paltry price of a few monkey meat snacks...

Thanks for the tip and the offer, Chuck. You really think that meat comes from something as high up the food chain as a primate?

WOOHOO!!!!

Lester

Thanks for the tip and the offer, Chuck. You really think that meat comes from something as high up the food chain as a primate?

Uncle Mike's stuff, yeah. In Olongapo City, not so much. :sick: But San Miguel made things OK. :surprise: Did you get the DP with all the mounts?

Yes, the Deltapoint (All Mount) 7.5MOA, not the "cross-slot" version. The manual states the torx screws are M4x.7mm. What size driver is it? T5, T10???

WOOHOO!!!!

Lester

Uncle Mike's stuff, yeah. In Olongapo City, not so much. :sick: But San Miguel made things OK. :surprise: Did you get the DP with all the mounts?

Yes, the Deltapoint (All Mount) 7.5MOA, not the "cross-slot" version. The manual states the torx screws are M4x.7mm. What size driver is it? T5, T10???

T-5 for the lock/adjust screws and T-15 for the mounting screws.

I just got ahold of Glock yesterday regarding if I could use a glock certificate I won last year for a MOS G34 even though it doesn't state it is a option, the answer I received was Yes you Can, It won't be shipped out till late NOV early DEC, it will cost $172 extra.

Edited by DocMedic

Carry guns & USPSA don't seem to fit very well .... this seems a lot more like IDPA to me?

It finally sunk in huh? My thought from the beginning was this has IDPA written all over it. The BOD just made it more clear by even naming it carry optics.

only because of Phil Strader's recent explanation .... I was all for Production Optics as orginally envisioned but with specifically calling out that this new division is designed for carry guns that doesn't seem to fit ... however, if the evil plan is to put IDPA out of business by incorporating their divisions into USPSA style shooting then maybe we have something ....

I have been playing around with a G22 with a milled slide for a little while. I traded for it as I thought it may be easier to get the kids shooting steel challenge with it (with a 9mm conversion barrel) and I put together a poor mans open gun for fun. I would hate to see that this was not allowed because it is not "factory". There have been a lot of conversions prior to the big makers move to offering that product, and logic would say that the aftermarket were the innovators in this area that the big makers are following. I would hope to see exemptions for simple slide milling on otherwise stock production guns.

Edited by dogtired

I just got ahold of Glock yesterday regarding if I could use a glock certificate I won last year for a MOS G34 even though it doesn't state it is a option, the answer I received was Yes you Can, It won't be shipped out till late NOV early DEC, it will cost $172 extra.

Same boat here. I've been in contact with them since February, they kept saying to check back. I finally got the go ahead to orde, but have to wait for delivery. Oh well, I've been my whole life without a Glock, so it's not a big deal.

You guys need to vote me in for El Prez. There would only be 2 division then, Unlimited and As Designed. They only rule for Unlimited is there are no rules, whatever you want to run, a 14" AR15 pistol with an optic, lazer, light, 100 round Surefire mag, go for it! As Designed must be OEM or as built. Can only use OEM parts or as built by custom shops. As Designed would require LEO/Military to run the same gear as on duty. Non LEO/Military would be required to shoot from concealment using a IWB holster, thats it. Major/Minor is replaced with a single power floor of 150.

SpankYa, You really think that meat comes from something as high up the food chain as a primate?

They're harder to catch, but have you ever seen any dogs or cats near the BBQ? Squirrels and bats maybe

Edited by 9x45

Same boat here. I've been in contact with them since February, they kept saying to check back. I finally got the go ahead to orde, but have to wait for delivery. Oh well, I've been my whole life without a Glock, so it's not a big deal.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to locate a blue label 34 MOS. I've got a discount GSSF cert that's expiring in Oct. Might just have to use it on a G43 and not play in CO for a while...

I've been unsuccessfully trying to locate a blue label 34 MOS. I've got a discount GSSF cert that's expiring in Oct. Might just have to use it on a G43 and not play in CO for a while...
From what someone else said earlier they were going to have to pay extra to get the 34 MOS. I would think about getting the most expensive pistol and sell it then put the cash with it. You may end up with a 34 MOS quicker.

I was thinking the same thing but I think just the pistol is about 35 oz, then you have to get a mag and optic on there. With milling the slide, you can lose a little there. Tight but doable probably. I'm interested in seeing how creative someone gets with this.

Sent from the range

It says slide ports are legal but barrel ports are not. Aren't slide ports there for barrel ports? If not, what is the purpose of slide ports and what factory guns come with slide porting?