Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My carry gun a GLOCK 22 with a RMR will most likely not be legal due to the light it also has on its rail. So I'll have to shoot it in Open anyway

Remove the light?

I would if it was a game gun but it is my actual carry gun, also if they use Production division as the basis for the rules then my holster is not legal either.

if the rules come down just like Production I will start campaigning for SS optics shortly

My carry gun a GLOCK 22 with a RMR will most likely not be legal due to the light it also has on its rail. So I'll have to shoot it in Open anyway

Remove the light?

I would if it was a game gun but it is my actual carry gun

Put the light back on after the match?

Looks like I need an optic sight for my glock. Lots out there. Would like suggestions from those who have experience with these sights - which one to buy and why they like it over others.

Doctor Sight

Looks like I need an optic sight for my glock. Lots out there. Would like suggestions from those who have experience with these sights - which one to buy and why they like it over others.

DeltaPoint, I've had this on my XDM for over a year, never had to re-adjust the sight.

Can someone help me here? Does the rule mean Glock 34/35 MOS models would be legal in the CO division?

The guns would have to be on the Production Gun List and be under the weight limit to qualify.

I would expect that the MOS Glocks would be there soon, as they are essentially the same guns as their non-MOS counterparts I would not see any reason why they could not be added as a variant of the existing models. I've sent Troy an email and will post the response as/when I receive it.

I emailed troy about MOS legality back in June when I got mine. This was his response

"The model is already approved; all I need is a weight (from Glock) with the blank plate mounted. I suspect there's probably no appreciable difference, but I still need it.

There is no need to resubmit the Production approval paperwork.

Regards,

Troy"

We don't even have a complete rule set yet and you're shooting classifiers? Not cool.

Not an issue; USPSA cannot even accept Carry Optics scores yet anyway. PractiScore allows any division to be added, so my local club added Carry Optics. I expect they will just move me to Open Minor when uploading the scores to USPSA.

I signed up in Carry Optics division at a Level I match in Colorado today, using the same equipment I've been shooting for a year now; XDM 5.25 and DeltaPoint all other Production Rules applied.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-07-25 at 6.29.58 PM.png

Link to PractiScore Results

Paul, where you shooting your XDm with DeltaPoint? Is your slide cut out of the sight or is it mounted through rear sight dovetail? How well were you able to track your dot?

The XDM 5.25 has an adjustable rear-sight. That rear sight unscrews out of the slide and then I put a Springer Precision Mounting plate in the hole and then the DeltaPoint screws onto that. I can track the dot pretty well with it and call my shots.

With this setup and the SpringerPrecision .25 base pads the gun weighs in at 29.4 oz with the magazine inserted.

Edited by BritinUSA

Is this actually a division created for aging eyes and to keep current with new technology? The exclusion of the two dominant Production class winning platforms (CZ/Tanfo) suggests this is a division created for the plastic guns to be routinely at the top of the leader board (since they are the only ones allowed). I don't really have any heartburn either way as if I use a dot I would rather shoot my open pistol but this ain't Production with a dot. It's plastic guns with a dot.

Is this actually a division created for aging eyes and to keep current with new technology? The exclusion of the two dominant Production class winning platforms (CZ/Tanfo) suggests this is a division created for the plastic guns to be routinely at the top of the leader board (since they are the only ones allowed). I don't really have any heartburn either way as if I use a dot I would rather shoot my open pistol but this ain't Production with a dot. It's plastic guns with a dot.

I have no horse in this race and really don't care about it at all but so far my take on it is exactly the same as Neomet's. Sounds pretty dumb.

I've been getting better since I stopped trying to shoot it like an Open gun and instead shooting it like a Production gun; More emphasis on accuracy and adjusting the shot-to-shot cadence depending on the difficulty of the targets.

When I shot my race-gun I tended to shoot all targets at the same pace, and with Major scoring I got a little lazy with the hits. With Minor that laziness was wrecking my scores.

I signed up in Carry Optics division at a Level I match in Colorado today, using the same equipment I've been shooting for a year now; XDM 5.25 and DeltaPoint all other Production Rules applied.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-07-25 at 6.29.58 PM.png

Link to PractiScore Results

Looks like you smoked the prod pretty bad :) more like open

He would smoke us all even without the dot.

..... I don't really have any heartburn either way as if I use a dot I would rather shoot my open pistol but this ain't Production with a dot. It's plastic guns with a dot.

Exactly. This is a crusade against steel guns