Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Traffic sign

Youngeyes

They just put up a interstate style sign like this near me. I was driving through the area tonight and I hadn't been that way in a while (road construction, ugh). They put roundabouts in that semi connect, either way the roadsign did absolutely nothing to help the confusing road situation.

Edited: the roundabouts are off that exit, not the interstate itself. Thought that could use clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RevoWood123

• 4 weeks later...

Those traffic circles in England are a little strange to a non-native.

I spent a couple weeks over there. After about the first week, I adapted to the right hand drive world and really came to appreciate the traffic circles. I drove from Rochester to Portsmouth with never having to come to a complete stop! About 100 miles! I really resented stop lights/signs after that...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Portsmouth,+UK/Rochester,+Medway,+UK/@51.1444465,-0.8505194,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x487442a41814f1e9:0x45b683ea03373b79!2m2!1d-1.0879769!2d50.8197675!1m5!1m1!1s0x47d8c92a6d7a7131:0x1c7ffc1683e563f4!2m2!1d0.506721!2d51.388

The other challenge was learning to shift with my left hand! I forgot that rental cars defaulted to "standard" transmissions!

The US Virgin Islands drive on the left side of the road...with the same vehicles we do. The driver is not near the middle of the road, but the road side.

The first time I encountered that was in Bermuda (Thanks, Navy). We were on mopeds mostly. I don't remember any real drama except for remembering the correct entry to a traffic circle. A guy on Grand Cayman told me that the tell tale sign of a newly arrived yank was them signaling turns with the windshield wipers. :goof:

There is one roundabout locally near where I live in Florida and it is a crash magnet (of course, crashes happen all the time here for seemingly no reason whatsoever)

Nobody in Florida knows what to do with one so it is basically a free for all.

I've even seen people stop and back up in. :o

There is one roundabout locally near where I live in Florida and it is a crash magnet (of course, crashes happen all the time here for seemingly no reason whatsoever)

Nobody in Florida knows what to do with one so it is basically a free for all.

I've even seen people stop and back up in. :o

Yup, There is one in Long Beach. It is locally named the "Circle of Death" but it actually works pretty well. I had great fun squirting though it in the Boxster :devil:

Go to France or Italy

Multilane Traffic Circles and Italian drivers. You will need blood pressure tablets until you figure out, two hands on the wheel, indicators are useless, right foot poised on the gas to go like hell and just don't look back. Remember small cars can bounce.

Works in the USA too.

I despise traffic circles/roundabouts. Dang things should be outlawed.

Roundabouts are far safer than standard intersections. Studies show they reduce injury crashes by 75%.

There is a great book titled "Traffic" by Tom Vanderbuilt that is well worth a read.

Bob