Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the SMM3G Powers that be:

It sounds like some people may be reading more into the 2016 Walk-Through Policy than is really there.

In previous years, the published Walk-Through Policy was as follows:

"On Wednesday & Thursday, if no competitors are shooting, preparing to shoot or scoring the stage, the Range Master has approved registered competitors only to enter or move through a course of fire. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, competitors may enter or move through a course of fire only with prior approval of a Range Officer assigned to that course of fire, or the Range Master. At no times are props to be activated, reset, or should anyone be downrange."

For the 2016 match only, the Range Master is simply WITHOLDING his approval for anyone to enter or move through the course of fire prior to their scheduled briefing time. This is the only match-wide Walk-Through Policy change for the 2016 event, and the change is being made for reasons that will become clear when competitors arrive. Everyone will still get their full 5-minute squad walk-through, and folks will be relieved to hear they still get to help reset the stages for their squadmates.

Nothing in the 2016 Walk-Through Policy in any way prevents competitors or spectators from observing the stage layouts from the spectator area (i.e. behind the rope line). Indeed, because of the full-day schedule, competitors should have ample time to enjoy watching others shooting the stages. We hope this will minimize any disadvantage for the first shooter of the squad on any given stage.

Lastly, we want to emphasize that the Range Master will be taking great care to ensure that the change to the 2016 Walk-Through Policy will not create any problems with competitive equity.

Sorry if beating a dead horse. Does this mean that on Wed and Thursday, we may sit behind the rope line and watch te RO's shoot? I'm not complaining, I am simply trying to figure out arrival time etc.

Thank-you!

Denise

P.S. I agree with EricM - yeah on full day!

Sorry if beating a dead horse. Does this mean that on Wed and Thursday, we may sit behind the rope line and watch te RO's shoot? I'm not complaining, I am simply trying to figure out arrival time etc.

Thank-you!

Denise

CORRECT - folks who arrive early can watch the pre-match from the spectator area. The targets and shooting areas should be quite visible from there... no great mysteries :devil:

Thank-you!

Denise

CORRECT - folks who arrive early can watch the pre-match from the spectator area. The targets and shooting areas should be quite visible from there... no great mysteries :devil:

Keeping in mind, of course, that all berms are off limits at all times (I know, I know, I shouldn't have to say it but every year.... well, never mind just please stay off the berms.)

• 1 month later...

I am getting forgetful. What is the difference between half day and full day format? I go to matches, I show up at my first stage and go. Seems like I spend all day at the range and then I go eat. Repeat next day and next day. I like that. Never really notice half-day full day or things like that. Maybe that's just me?

I am getting forgetful. What is the difference between half day and full day format? I go to matches, I show up at my first stage and go. Seems like I spend all day at the range and then I go eat. Repeat next day and next day. I like that. Never really notice half-day full day or things like that. Maybe that's just me?

Me too - I am there to shoot, not visit Gentleman's Clubs (I do that all day at work anyway :roflol: )

Edited by StealthyBlagga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question that may affect a lot of shooters. Since the stages are supposed to be semi surprise stages will we be allowed to video the stage/shooter?

Video taping will be allowed, with restrictions on some stages relative to the area from where your videographer can shoot. There may be one shooting area in which video cameras will not be allowed in any form... including shooter worn. We are working on the policy now and will have information available at the stages

Having never been to this shoot, how do people normally haul gear? Is it like blue ridge, where everything is spaced out and people drive from stage to stage with guns in bags, or is it a bay style match where stages are right next to one another and people use carts and wagons? Thanks!

I have a question that may affect a lot of shooters. Since the stages are supposed to be semi surprise stages will we be allowed to video the stage/shooter?

Video taping will be allowed, with restrictions on some stages relative to the area from where your videographer can shoot. There may be one shooting area in which video cameras will not be allowed in any form... including shooter worn. We are working on the policy now and will have information available at the stages[/quote

OK. Thanks for the information.

Is there any issue with bringing a golf cart, or sidebyside Utv and driving from stage to stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be advised that parking is restricted at the match. No participant vehicles (be they cars, trucks, ATVs or golf carts) are permitted to pass the "STAFF VEHICLES ONLY BEYOND THIS POINT" signs except with permission of the Range Master (generally granted only to participants with limited mobility). Last year some people took liberties, so I expect the RM to be strict on this point.

Edited by StealthyBlagga