Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.38 super looking for some help.

a matt

Ok got a .38 Super runs great, won high overall this past Saturday local match. No Mikes no no shoots. Only 2 deltas. We Went to do some training today and at 20yards slow fire group shooting 10 rounds 2 and only 2 rounds hit the IPSC turtle target, of those 2 that hit no tumbling. We have tried a friends ammo not much better. Tried my ammo in a friends Open gun and it tumbles 8 out of 10 rounds, Cmore is tight. Any help is much appreciated. We are signed up for Ga State and Area 8 this weekend. Crazy? Any help will be appreciated...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cmore should not have anything to do with tumbling. What is the bullet diameter you loaded? Could they be hitting comp?

Correct, Cmore is a sight and has zero to do with tumbling. I was just adding info about the accuracy. thank you

Hello: Check the link for cracks. Check the comp for the bullet hitting it. Check the C-more mount for cracks or looseness. Check grip screws. Try different bullets. Check C-More for broken elevation screw(I have a C-More that did that). Check to see if comp is hitting slide. Thanks, Eric

Check the link on bottom of barrel. Also check the lugs to see if something may be wrong there.

When mine did that it was because the bullets couldn't handle Major PF, and the gun likes .356 dia bullets, not .355

Once I shot .356 everything was dead nuts.

Bullets would be my guess as they wouldn't shoot properly out of your friends gun. If they are jacketed then there may be some cavitation/air pockets in the lead which would throw them out of balance which in turn would cause them to tumble and not group. It wouldn't take much for it to do this either. Manufacturing defect I suspect yuk yuk yuk.

Here you can see the crimp I put on the bullet and it is .380, After I pulled the bullet I checked again and still shows .380, and as you can see on the bullet head that all you see is just a little indentation. I have been shooting bullets from this manufacturer for years and never had a problem.

post-33377-0-05916300-1440539088_thumb.j

post-33377-0-63339000-1440539108_thumb.j

post-33377-0-05209700-1440539120_thumb.j

What is confusing to me is it grouped fine last week. Plus this passed Saturday I think he only make up was on a Texas Star and it was just a quick follow up shot. We had several shots @ 15 yds and the gun did its job Saturday. Then we went Monday 2days after he won the overall and the gun shoots 2 out of 10 on an IPSC target from 15yds. That's why I think something cracked, broke or came apart, and if the gun checks out that leaves the Cmore. My thinking????

What is confusing to me is it grouped fine last week. Plus this passed Saturday I think he only make up was on a Texas Star and it was just a quick follow up shot. We had several shots @ 15 yds and the gun did its job Saturday. Then we went Monday 2days after he won the overall and the gun shoots 2 out of 10 on an IPSC target from 15yds. That's why I think something cracked, broke or came apart, and if the gun checks out that leaves the Cmore. My thinking????

Is it at all possible something may have happened right at the end of the match. Maybe the grip or frame or barrel cracked? Maybe the comp cracked or chipped? Link broken? Lug sheared?