Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.38 super looking for some help.

a matt

We are going to try fmj's... Something so simple as try FMJ'S, I don't even think about because of frustration. Lol. Thanks guys...It's not even my gun, it's my bro Dave's. But you wanna talk about frustration...

Edited by a matt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to try a different C-More tomorrow morning. Then I will go from there. I will also take it back to my gun smith and have him take a look at the whole barrel and link. We'll see.

I don't have any jacketed bullets and we leave Thursday to shoot GA State. So tomorrow morning/early afternoon is the ONLY time I will be able to fix this problem.

I want to thank everyone for their input and help with this problem. Shadyscott999 said something that I NEVER would have thought about and Alan said it to me as well, and that was to check the gap between the comp and the barrel. Just so happens that they were touching. So I sent Akai a pm on FB and asked him what is the gap supposed to be and he said between 0.002 - 0.005, well mine is now a 0.003. It is NOW hitting where it needs to be. Again, thank you to ALL for helping us out.

Now I'm ready to kick some ass at GA State and Area 8 this weekend :cheers:

bigboy69, Alan (the OP) and I will be leaving Savannah, GA tomorrow morning around 10am to head to Dawsonville to shoot GA State Friday, then leave Saturday to VA to shoot Area 8 Sunday and head back home Monday. Going to be a LONG weekend for us, but we can't wait!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone for their input and help with this problem. Shadyscott999 said something that I NEVER would have thought about and Alan said it to me as well, and that was to check the gap between the comp and the barrel. Just so happens that they were touching. So I sent Akai a pm on FB and asked him what is the gap supposed to be and he said between 0.002 - 0.005, well mine is now a 0.003. It is NOW hitting where it needs to be. Again, thank you to ALL for helping us out.

Now I'm ready to kick some ass at GA State and Area 8 this weekend :cheers:

For future reference how did you make the adjustment?

Sarge, my gunsmith milled a couple thousandths off of the comp that's closest to the slide.

OK. I thought you found some magic way of doing it without a gunsmith. :ph34r: I was like, "what the heck did he do to accomplish this without a mill?" As it turns out nothing.... lol Glad you got it figured out in time. still seems odd that it worked one day and not the next no? That would drive me nuts!

If you ONLY knew how crazy and pissed off I was, I almost went FULL RETARD!!!!

Sorry, but now that it's all fixed that was just funny as hell right there. It has to be frustrating to pick your 100% gun up and have it do weird stuff out of the blue. Good luck with the matches coming up!