Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cci sp vs win sp

Revofan

I shoot a DA/SA Production gun with light springs. With my current set up, Winchester are 100%. I get 1 or 2 light strikes per 300 round practice session with CCI. With a 1911/2011, I don't think main spring is quite as important. CCI's are usually cheaper. I'd probably use those.

Started out with Federals.....had some issues....went to CCI SP......10,000 later very satisfied !!!!.....plus I really like the way they are packaged ....almost a perfect " flip" lol........Federal packaging sucks big time.........my opinion !!

went to Cabela's yesterday... they had Sellier & Bellot SP primers on sale for $19.95/1000... bought 5 .. had a 10% discount coupon .. cost me just under $98.00 for 5 thousand.. hope they all go BANG !

I shoot a few different revolvers, 3 of which are tuned light enough to need Federal primers. I also shoot 1911's, 2011's, and some Glocks. Stocking one kind/brand of primers is far simpler for me. I have also found Federal more reliable than WW. CCI primers would probably be okay for stock revo's or auto's but they are probably the hardest to ignite. I do agree with the earlier comment on Federals packaging. It sucks compared to the others!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah CCI does have some of the best packaging. Kinda fickle of me really but its a big reason I stick with those. That and a dollar or so extra a thousand really doen't make me that much difference and I know they work in everything I got.

Not that it happens often, but I can stuff a CCI primer in a crimped primer pocket with less chance of crushing it. I found that federal and Winchester buckled under pressure. And cheaper is a big plus.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that it happens often, but I can stuff a CCI primer in a crimped primer pocket with less chance of crushing it. I found that federal and Winchester buckled under pressure. And cheaper is a big plus.

Really? I've always just sorted out all the military stuff without a second thought. I'll have to try that sometime.