• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFbUBqS1DU_XJICncwGLmEA

Me with 115 blue bullets, 177 PF 7.5gn autocomp

Wow, those projectiles are smoking! I take it is 9mm Major? Thanks for the vids.

Lol! I meant the projectiles we're going smoking fast for a 177 PF at 1539 fps. They looked fine in the videos. I'm going to have to try some these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by JMike

I use 124gr Black Bullet International and have had no problems at all.

I decided to try them, ordered 1000pcs. They are 30% cheaper, than Montana, and if good enough for practice, maybe it makes sense... unless there is serious ledding.

I've tried Bayou 115 and 124s in two different Open pistols. (SC with two barrel ports). One the smoke is tolerable but in the other the lens gets offensively cloudy before the end of a 32 round stage. I've talked to Donnie and his comment was that some pistols will like them and some won't. Clearly that was my experience as well.

I got the Black Bullets, 125gr, and tried to load them using the BulletFeeder on 1050 - they would not stay after being placed. I need much more bell, which I am reluctant to do - because the machine is set nicely to handle the MG or PD bullets.

First test - PF of 181 out of an IMM gun. 7.0 gr of WAC.

Any barrel holes on your IMM?

Yes, two.

Smell of burnt plastic is very strong and unpleasant, so I don't think I will be shooting them in the open gun... maybe just the normal 9mm loads.

I tested the old formula 135 Bayou's and there was too much smoke for my liking. I want to try the newer formula sometime soon but haven't got around to it. Has anyone did any sort of hardness testing with the last batch of coated bullets? I have some ACME that I will load up soon and run them through my Open gun to see they do.

Also, the 135 are a tad heavy also but they will work fine. I heard somewhere that Kay is using those and she does pretty well. What powder are you using?

I tried Bayou 135gr in my AR-JP GMR-13 14.5" Barrel with 3.5gr Solo 1000 996FPS, 134PF great combo for steel very little dot movement, however it leaded up the comp. so bad with only 200 rounds the only way I could remove it was was with a torch, hammer and dental tools..and 45min of aggravation

Blue bullets 125, 6.8 auto comp (9mm) 168 PF

about 2000 thru gun no problems but there is stuff in comp.

2 matches this weekend,a bout 325 rounds fired without cleaning (which I rarely do)

Last stage 8 yds speed stage on Sunday, blue melted coating spattered on targets!!!!

First time I've noticed that

Some smoke in the video's but not noticed while shooting

Blue bullets 125, 6.8 auto comp (9mm) 168 PF

about 2000 thru gun no problems but there is stuff in comp.

2 matches this weekend,a bout 325 rounds fired without cleaning (which I rarely do)

Last stage 8 yds speed stage on Sunday, blue melted coating spattered on targets!!!!

First time I've noticed that

Some smoke in the video's but not noticed while shooting

Was it in your comp or just on the targets?

Sent from the range

I've been using the BBI 135gr RN for 38 Super and 9 Major recently, but only about 170PF (5" Schuemann 4-hole hybricomp, +3 port comp). No buildup in the comp or leading in the barrel, haven't seen any downsides yet, really.

Edited by WhiteDingo

I run Leatherhead Bullets, a hi-tek coated 125 with HS-6.

I am very happy with this set up and have run about 6000 rounds of it through my 9 major gun at 175pf.

The accuracy is good, I get no leading in the bore, and I dont feel that the smoke is an issue. I seem to have no more or less than the other open guns i see.

I do get leading in the comp, however I see it as a worthwhile inconvenience given the dramatic cost savings over jacketed bullets. about every 500 rounds or so I just spend 5 minutes scraping out the comp and am good to go. the bullet manufacturer reccomended spraying some Dillon case lube in the comp before each session and that really helped make the clean outs seem easier.