Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Peplow530

Maintaining hydration and blood sugar

pb&j sandwiches

a granola bar

two 32 oz water containers and some fruit and a banana

basically the same thing i pack everyday for lunch in the real world

i see no reason to change my pattern

I carry a couple of the P3 Protein Packs, a Turkey Sandwich, or sometimes a Smuckers UnCrustables. Poweraid and water.

I've been trying this energy drink, By Strike Force Energy,  a Veteran owned company.  The stuff works really well, but it does not make you shaky or anything like that, Its a nice lift, and it comes in individual packets and different sizes.  I get mine through Smith Outfitters, right now they have a 20% off going on with them.  For hydration, I also try to drink a gallon of water every day regardless, and for matches I'll mix 50/50 water and G3. Beef Jerky, light sandwich or wheat wrap, just pick on stuff.

But check out the strike force energy drink mix, it works well.

Read all the way through and didn’t think anyone was going to mention this. Switched about a year ago and have lost almost 80lbs to date. That’s with powerlifting and cardio (fasted) and doing the ketosis diet. It’s amazing and as others have said, zero sugar crashes. I can go 12-14 hours and never feel like I’m starving due to not having insulin levels going nuts. It’s prescribed by doctors to lots of diabetes patients for this reason and works miracles for mental health and numerous other things. Check out “The Magic Pill” on Netflix for more info but that’s enough for my rant lol. Just love how it changed my life and want to share all the time! For snacks, beef jerky with no sugar, lunch meat, cheese, nuts, etc. I’ll bring some grilled steak or chicken and eat it cold with some cheese also if need be. Lots of water and your good to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, my experience as well. Down about 16 pounds since the middle of December. Keto with intermittent fasting is my new life. I do allow myself one or two days a month to eat whatever I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very low tech. My habit was to eat a light breakfast more than an hour before shooting maybe an egg sandwich or equivalent. I've gone to a more hearty breakfast on match day, just making sure that I only eat enough to feel full, bloated is bad.