Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New grips!

3djedi

Someone clue me in, they have LESS surface area touching your skin, which will result in less friction which will result in less "grip" felt?

Someone explain this to me?

WJM

I will be able to clue you in more next week once the pair being sent to me to test out arrives. I am anxious to see how the grippiness is but also the width in comparison to the EG Extreme vs the factory wood grips. We'll see in few days but they do look pretty awesome in my opinion.

So this I just happened to have on my phone and can get a little comparison in width. Not perfect as different angles, lighting, etc etc but it looks like the "Scales" are a tad thicker maybe???

post-47835-143102578675_thumb.jpg

post-47835-14310258245_thumb.jpg

Crud won't be a problem... we are shooting competitions, not belly crawling through swamps.

I have a set of prototypes I spent some dryfire time with a little while ago. They have a nice grip level; not too much, not too little.

For me, the most important thing about a set of grips is the width. With the aggressive checkering on the front and back strap, personally, the grippyness of the side panels is a secondary concern.

These are narrow up top, and get fatter on the way down to the magwell. You can kind of see this in the picture straight from the rear. Think Erics up top, stockish down low.

They fit well, stay in place, and look cool. If they are sized how you like, I say go for it. They are cheaper than the Erics too.

the production vs the first prototypes have even more grip. The response to these grips has been unbelievable. They go on sale Saturday. LOTS more will be made but will take a little time to make. Thanks NY32182 for sharing. I can't wait to read all your comments on the performance of the package.. Good or Bad.. all is welcome.

Crud won't be a problem... we are shooting competitions, not belly crawling through swamps.

Not being argumentative but dust is a problem at some ranges in the Northwest.

That's why these exist. Either way I'm excited for another manufacturer stepping up and making items for the Tangs. Props to Akai!

DAA-Dust-Cover-2.jpg?1423510183

CR_Speed_new_pistol_cover_large.jpg?v=13

Edited by praetorian97

Any chance of making the same grip down the line but where the cuts do not go all the way though the grip. Or a plain grip with conventional checkering or texturing of some other kind? Interested to hear how the thickness compares to the factory wood grips? To Eric's grips?

Damn! I want these for my Elite Limited. I bet those holes provide some incredible traction on the palms. Just avoid KABOON as there is no protection by the grip panels!

Someone clue me in, they have LESS surface area touching your skin, which will result in less friction which will result in less "grip" felt?

WJM

Your skin goes in the holes and mechanically locks in place. That's pretty much how all high friction surfaces work: blacktop, grip tape, knurling, mud tires, etc.

Would your hands get more traction on a sheet of ice or on a bed of nails?

WJM

Your skin goes in the holes and mechanically locks in place. That's pretty much how all high friction surfaces work: blacktop, grip tape, knurling, mud tires, etc.

Would your hands get more traction on a sheet of ice or on a bed of nails?

High surface area always results in more friction. Thats one of the primary functions of friction in the equation.

I am just saying to me I would rather have a high surface area one that is grippy (skateboard tape, liquid grip on hands, Extreme grips)

But thats just me.

WJM

Meh..

I just want Eric's grips in the width of stock wood grips. EG grips are badass, but too thin. Never tried Hennings but are reportably between EG and wood. That's all you would need thin, mid and thick. bam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think if someone made a VZ style grip for the Stock 2 or 3 with aggressive diamondback pattern it would be a big seller (in case any grip manufacturers are reading this thread).

I still think if someone made a VZ style grip for the Stock 2 or 3 with aggressive diamondback pattern it would be a big seller (in case any grip manufacturers are reading this thread).

Agreed.

Would love to see a pt aggressive cz lemon grater style texture.

Got some today. At first glance these look like winners. The width seems to be perfect, right between the factory wood grips and EG grips. I will know more tonight when I dry fire with them but so far I'm very impressed!!!

post-47835-14313628627_thumb.jpg

post-47835-143136287657_thumb.jpg