Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cover for 2011 Limited Pistol

Aggieddad02

I need to know what you are using for a cover for your 2011 Limited pistol. I have done a search but have only found old threads to look at. I have found that CED has one and DAA has one also but they look cumbersome in pictures. Any others that I am missing? Thanks

The CED is the least obtrusive. I think the DAA looks retarded. It's just so damn big!! I tried the Shooters Connection one and it wouldn't stay put for me. Actually the best fitting covers I have used are just shower caps.

I run pistols with thru cuts on the slide for lightening. Shooting outdoors here in the Great Basin we inevitably get some blowing dust. I really want to keep the grit out so for me the cover is a necessity.

After trying the commercially made ones I thought they were, well, pretty derpy. So I got some 4 mil neoprene and just made my own. Pretty simple and low profile.

• 1 month later...

I have the DAA cover and love it (stop laughing Sarge!). It covers well, easy on/off but very secure. I've seen the shower caps blow off when it gets real windy but mine stayed on. I had a CED a while back but lost it and it was good also but I like the DAA better.

I have the DAA cover and love it (stop laughing Sarge!). It covers well, easy on/off but very secure. I've seen the shower caps blow off when it gets real windy but mine stayed on. I had a CED a while back but lost it and it was good also but I like the DAA better.

I had to go back and read my original post to remember why I would laugh. I was pretty harsh!

My mom works the breakfast at a local holiday inn...she got me a case of their shower caps about 3 years ago and I won't need more for a long time. They work great and juuussst fit over my full size open gun