Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 & 147grn.

TANFARM

Wondering if anyone can assist.......trying Vih. N320 with a couple of different 147grn RN bullets....Delta, Bayou.......I cannot find correct load data with the N320 and 147rn.....am I missing something????....Thanks in advance.......John

VV may not post this data but this is my standard load. I run mostly coated it is a great combination. With it loaded at 1.135" in my Glock 34, I got my standard deviation down to 2 fps. I don't have my recipe in front of me, IIRC, my load was 3.2-3.4gr with my coated load.

Edited by Butterpuc

When you say you can't find data, have you searched these forums? There must be thousands of recipes in the 9mm reloading section. Reloading manuals have their uses but are sometimes limited in info.

And Vithavuori themself lists 3 loads for 147 grain bullets, guess can't find means lazy nowadays ;)

With the newer batches of N320 you need to load a bit higher so I have heard, you may want to check if you need to make PF.

First.....thank you for the kind replies and data on the 147' s with V320.....

In my defense....Vithavuori does NOT list proper data using N320 with 147 RN bullet.....I would not ask the question or bother people If the data were apparent....and no I did not search the reems of data on this list.......you guys need to lighten up on a simple question....takes the fun out of it......

I got a sample pack of Bayou Bullets 150gr. SWC, not 147 but close. I found 3.7 gr of VV N320 to be to much! Harsh recoil and flattened primers. Only loaded 20 and still have most of them left over. Seems instead of starting low I started high...

Edited by 19852

I was running 3.7gr/N320 under a Frontier CMJ and got a PF of 133 in a Glock 17 and 131 in BHP.

I was running 3.65 VV 320 with a MG 147 CMJ. It ran about 140-142 out of my Glock 34. It was around 134-135 out of a standard XD. I dropped to 3.5 and was around 130 out of the XD..

I have now switched to 147 SNS Coated no lube groove at 3.4 VV320. I am running around 132. Once the weather breaks I will be doing more experimentation to get closer to 130.

The one thing I am going to try is changing OAL. I am running 1.125 with the SNS bullet.

Jay

Have you guy loaded 147gr Jhp with N320. Xtreme has some HP, any load, accurate?

When I could get them I was using the Zero 147 HP's. They were very accurate out of my G34. I was using 3.5 of VV320. I have not been able to get for several years.

Jay

Bayou Bullet 147 RN and 3.2 of N320 @1.135 is the most accurate load I have found in my guns. Makes 130 out of a G34.

Where are you finding a Bayou 147 RN? All I've seen from them is a 147 FP.
My fault. My Bayou bullet 147s are FP. My 135s are RN.

Once again thanks for the replies...if anyone's interested.....I loaded 4 different loads with the V320 using 3 different 147 grn. RN bullets.

Zero, Delta and Ranier. Experimented with 3.4 , 3.3 , 3.2 and 3.0-3.1 grains...kinda searching for a reduction in recoil without sacrifice in accuracy.........it was an interesting experience , first time for me, noticing what a difference the deviation of powder load and bullets really made....the bottom line from my limited experience I really did not notice significant difference in the projectiles....but the powder was a different matter. I feel the 3.3 grn load was best for me overall. Just as a majority of folks told me it would be. The most interesting was the 3.0-3.1 grn load...this is where things went south fast...FTF , stove pipes and feed problems...yikes..so much for my first visit to "Bunny" load land. All of these rounds are from my Limited Glock 34 .

I am goin to experiment with Titiegroup in the 3.2-3.3 range and see if the results are different.

Sorry for the long post ....but this is pretty interesting stuff to me.....and once again..thanks for the precious data!!