Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Quest for the Sub 3 El Prez

Jake Di Vita

Ok, my first online foray into the world of IPSC and Enos land in a while as I am completing a masters degree in one year. But

I think jake has the ability and skill to do this. Just for the hell of it I may go out this weekend and actually look at my open gun and try it. But I have not touched it in 2 months or more.

Later

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Too many points down though...
well sure, if youre trying to win the stage or something. :P

your ohio match run was just .23 seconds off the fastest practice run you posted earlier in this thread. pretty awesome.

• 1 month later...
Haven't done too much with it lately. Ammo budget is very tight and literally the only rounds I'm shooting are in matches right now.

man i hear that...with the rising price of gasoline and everything else...just going to the range is getting expensive...not counting the shooting.

its a shame when you really start enjoying yourself and the economy takes a shit <_<

• 1 month later...

OK, it's two months since the last post. Any updates guys?

I ran Saul through an El Prez a couple of days ago, told him about your challenge and he said something like: "No way I can do it under 3"

His first run was a 3.50 with maybe 4 down :D

I think if he puts his mind to it, he will "easily" make it. Like Jake said, the difficult part is keeping the splits under .14. Saul had splits ranging between .10 and .14 and transitions averaging .15. His Reload was something like .9 and his first shot was a 1.05 B)

Someone caught me doing a 5.11 with 4 down on tape, which was pretty cool, because it was the first time I touched my revolver since the World Shoot. But every time I see the vid, I hate the fact that my splits are so damn slooooowwww.

I told Saul and he wanted to try my revolver. He immediately shot faster splits than me :(

Good thing is that I have something new to work on :)

Edited by spook

You might make me eat my words. Just think, the 3.08 down 12 is a 15.58 hit factor which would have won you 10,000.00 at the nationals back in 97 , 98 ? OF course you would have had to shoot it on demand after making the top 16 since they were the only ones eligible to try it. Then trying ot collect it would be different story.

Just curious , since you can do the 3.08 down 12 have what can you do all a's in. You might even have a higher hit factor.

• 4 weeks later...

Any new results on this?

For all you "Nay-sayers", if Dan Osman can do this then Jake, Steve and anyone else who sets their mind to it will accomplish a 3 sec or less "El Prez".

OH! Dan Osman died pushing the limits of his sport. It can be done, just make sure it's done safely.

Anyone who can run the "El Prez" clean in 3.5 or less earns my respect. I don't care if they stand and practice it 5000 times prior; and if they don't earn yours then maybe you should strap-up and try it yourself.

Good luck guys

Edited by Bigbadaboom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...