Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Quest for the Sub 3 El Prez

Jake Di Vita

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice run Jake,

I believe you need to put the timer on your belt or below the gun and delay self start yourself,

you may think its goofy, but you can actually hear the sound of the gun before the timer registers it if you slow it down enough on the playback, .02 put into feet difference away from the timer and muzzle don't seem like a viable point but I think it is worth about .021!!!!!!

Give it a shot!!

You have to be careful about trusting video downloaded on the internet - frequently, the video and the sound don't line up perfectly, dependant on a lot of factors.

Moving the timer closer to the gun will only gain him about .005 seconds :)

Jake,

That was an inspirational demonstration of skill and determination!Talk about raising the bar...this whole thread has embodied the Bruce Lee quote:Having no limitation as limitation.

Don't stop,

Hugh

About the timer. the delay I actually believe not the timer it's self it's in the remote display board. It is a millisecond slower... (i got to watch that board a good bit in playing with Jake's missed runs and other shooters runs shooting is clearly over before it registers.

We thought of the belt but it's easy to jump the gun when you know it's going to be a 3 second delay. Jake wanted to keep it honest and respectable a 2.99 el prez would be hear breaking if there was .00001 of creep.

It's just putting all the parts together at the same time.

About the timer. the delay I actually believe not the timer it's self it's in the remote display board. It is a millisecond slower... (i got to watch that board a good bit in playing with Jake's missed runs and other shooters runs shooting is clearly over before it registers.

We thought of the belt but it's easy to jump the gun when you know it's going to be a 3 second delay. Jake wanted to keep it honest and respectable a 2.99 el prez would be hear breaking if there was .00001 of creep.

It's just putting all the parts together at the same time.

That timer does not have a random delay setting?

Yes that is correct it is 3 seconds. or instant... what a coeincidence same amount of maximum wait time is the same as the target time :)

The procedure was the RO held the button down. Stand by command given. Mentally (inside voice) counted to 2 seconds then released timer at will... given variances in speech mental capacities heart rate blood sugar wind sun and gravity i don't think a person could do it exactly the same twice without trying pretty hard.

I ran the timer for many of Jake's runs. On instant, I use a "surprise break"...where I increase (or decrease, with this timer) pressure on the button such that I don't know when it's going off. In the video, you can probably see my finger come way off the button...that happens after the beep, to keep me from bumping the controls.

Jake, I think that you've really helped a lot of shooters with this quest. You have motivated others to become better by showing us all what you are capable of. Great job bro! I saw the video and it looked pretty sweet.

BTW, I had a bunch of solid runs myself the other day, my personal best being a 4.21 w/ solid hits (production rig of course). The targets were steel, so I've no 'proof' but, I did call good hits...

See you on the range

Thanks for the kind words guys. Jake is da' man though! If I can just shave 1.22 seconds off, I'll beat him to the goal. :blink:

Hey, if I do that, can I collect all that money that you guys were talking about putting up? :lol:

For the record...Turtle ran a 4.59 in a match and got all his hits...with a production rig. Smokin!

Yah Flex, but I think you won the stage though! You da' man too.

That's pretty cool, Jake. Good luck!

I thought I was doing good yesterday with a Standard 7.07 down 1! :(

Before you laugh, it was at 30 yds!

3.82 down 2 is still my best @ 10 yards.

I hope you can get that 2.99 Jake! I hope even more that the camera battery doesn't go dead before you do! :P

Phil

BTW, I had a bunch of solid runs myself the other day, my personal best being a 4.21 w/ solid hits (production rig of course). The targets were steel, so I've no 'proof' but, I did call good hits...
here's the best part...4.21 with 12 good hits, and he was disappointed! it sounded fast, but didnt really look fast...looked very smooth.

that's one fast turtle!

Turtle that's fast. Real fast. Especially from a Production rig. We all know that Jake is smoking the world with his El Prez in Open, Phil's time in a match in Limited (I'm assuming) and we just heard Turtle's time in Production but what about a Single Stack & other Limited times? How about posting some times when a fast run is made in practice or run in a match? I'd be interested in seeing some of these.

Edited by jasmap

I bet this challenge of Jake's has dropped the average El Prez time significantly across all classes and divisions, what with all of us guys who've been inspired to try & keep up. I know I've cut about a second off of what I can do reliably... and it's definitely improved my ability to call shots at speed.

Sub-5 sec. with a Ruger... who'd a thunk it? :)

Thanks Jake!

• 8 months later...

WoW this thread is as long as Jake is fast.

I still have a long way to go. My personal best in Open being 6.21 / 54pts. (73.10%) at THE 2005 Ohio State match or 6.42 / 56pts. (73.42%) at a local club match. Both done with an Open Glock of course.

Production Best: 6.55 / 58pts. (86.29%) (another Glock rig )(17)

So ....... my question is SPEED ? or POINTS ??? :huh:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

WoW this thread is as long as Jake is fast.

I still have a long way to go. My personal best in Open being 6.21 / 54pts. (73.10%) at THE 2005 Ohio State match or 6.42 / 56pts. (73.42%) at a local club match. Both done with an Open Glock of course.

Production Best: 6.55 / 58pts. (86.29%)

So ....... my question is SPEED ? or HITS ??? :huh:

Speed and Hits...