Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Screen Name ( Yours )

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back when I started shot ting SASS, the other shooters referred to me as the kid from Modoc county, where my permanent address was. It got shortened over time to Modoc and has been used for a variety of things.

BTW, you know that you are a SASS shooter when the DOJ. Has your "alias" on file as an AKA. [emoji12]

Modoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sydney Smith was rolling around in the road, drunk as a skunk eating stink bugs. I pulled up next to him in my pre-runner ford ranger and asked if he needed a ride. I drove him back to his cabin, and the next morning he was regaling those who would listen of how Webster had a good kid working in his shop, who was respectful, and gave him a ride home even though he was in a terrible state. He started calling me Von Zipper, and JimmyZip. The name stuck up there on the mountain and it became my handle up there while I was working and still to those that live there now who were there in the early 90's. When I started coming here, it was the first thing I could think of that wasn't my email address.

• 3 weeks later...

On the bottom of the cover page, for local match score sheets, the range asks: "first time" or "reshoot" ? I didn't really care for "1st time". No, really, that's the truth!

Ironically, I have never once re-shot a match, stage nor qualifier

My initials and a score that eluded me for many years in IHMSA. A perfect score would have been 40x40. Later I was exposed to USPSA and quit shooting IHMSA and have since sold all my IHMSA guns except one. It may be on the block soon, as it just sits in the safe collecting dust.

When I first started shooting competitively, I was signing up for a match and one of my (now) shooting buddies asked me which gun I'd be shooting today. Though I owned other guns, I only had one I shot in matches, so said I only had one gun. To which he proclaimed, "fear the man with one gun..." I liked it.

In '85, a buddy and I decided to get personalized license plates. They had a limit of 7 characters so I took the first letter of my last name and the last 6 of my last name and put them together(my last name is 11 letter long). I still have that plate (on the 5th different car) and when the internet came along, I decided to use it for my screen name on the various forums. Makes it easy to remember.

Edited by Bkreutz

A Matt, 1st = Alan / 2nd = Matthews, they called my Dad Matt back on his day. I just shortened my Matthews to Matt out of love and respect for my Dad, he is still the BEST in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't think of anything at the time and looked over at the two ar's I had on the bench. One was a Primary Weapons System (PWS) and the other was a Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT). I put the two together and yes it is dumb.

I couldn't think of anything at the time and looked over at the two ar's I had on the bench. One was a Primary Weapons System (PWS) and the other was a Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT). I put the two together and yes it is dumb.

Sounds original to me.

Sounds original to me.

Mine is simple. When I started on AOL at 300 baud modems, I shortened my last name. Jay is my nickname from my parents so JayWord. It was better than my other nick name from football.

Jay Worden

Grew up in the '80's and liked the movie "Weird Science." Thus, S(ex), D(rugs), R(ock and) R(oll) 72(random number). Which is ironic since I never did drugs and only like Country Music. The sex part, well... I am married. With kids.

ETA: I work with computer systems, and a long time ago I used the login password SDRR((, with the read/write password of CDCW)). You win the Internet today if you know what the later stands for.

Edited by sdrr72