Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hours Before Nationals... Accu-Shadow :-(

tangonuke1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. The Accu-shadow is listed on CZ USA's product page. Granted it also says "by CZ Custom" but so does the product page for the SP01 Shadow Target. This ruling would imply that the Shadow is also illegal for SSP.

References:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-accu-shadow-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-target-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

Wow. The Accu-shadow is listed on CZ USA's product page. Granted it also says "by CZ Custom" but so does the product page for the SP01 Shadow Target. This ruling would imply that the Shadow is also illegal for SSP.

References:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-accu-shadow-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-target-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

At least the Target anyway as it has had the slide milled for adjustable sights.

8.2.1.4.1 refers to prohibited modifications.....One would think that means "things you cannot do to the pistol after you buy it".

If the pistol is sold in a certain configuration how that can be construed as a prohibited modification is beyond all logic.

IDPA is truly reaching into WTF territory.

Not even sure what good it is to "know for sure" when you are talking about IDPA.

It may be legal today, but could be illegal tomorrow. Or next year.

I've seen a copy of an email sent from Robert Ray to a friend of mine who was considering an AccuShadow last year. Ray said that as long as it made weight, it would be legal.

I'm next in line at my dealer for a shadow target. Does anyone know for sure if it's legal or illegal for SSP? I'm sure after this, Robert Ray is afraid to answer the phone so I won't even try that.

The Facebook post by IDPA quoted above says that CZ Custom is not the manufacturer, so it's as if you or a gunsmith did the work on a base SP-01 Shadow from CZ. Custom sight cuts knock the pistol out of SSP. But the SP-01 Shadow's full-length dust cover knocks it out of ESP. So seems like it's not IDPA legal.

Makes sense since aftermarket sight cuts and full-length dust covers will get you killed on the street.

the accushadow is listed on cz-usa's website! how could they (idpa) be so dumb as to do this.....

And it has a CZ-USA SKU and is in the catalog. It is not a "Custom gun." It is a standard configuration for which there are over 2k produced.

Also, if the ACCU is illegal than so is the Target since it has had milling done to fit the sights. Did no one at IDPA ask CZ USA about this before making the ruling?

By these morons' logic, the 686 SSR is illegal since this is what S&W says about it?:

Completing the line between main production and the Performance Center, the Smith & Wesson Pro Series represents the next step from standard models. These firearms are offered with a variety of enhancements yet still remain true to "stock." Bringing competition specifications and features to factory models, the Pro Series offer that ready-to-go package while still maintaining production line integrity.

The way I look at it, this is just a skirt around the rules and IDPA looks the other way because S&W brings $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

By these morons' logic, the 686 SSR is illegal since this is what S&W says about it?:

Completing the line between main production and the Performance Center, the Smith & Wesson Pro Series represents the next step from standard models. These firearms are offered with a variety of enhancements yet still remain true to "stock." Bringing competition specifications and features to factory models, the Pro Series offer that ready-to-go package while still maintaining production line integrity.

The way I look at it, this is just a skirt around the rules and IDPA looks the other way because S&W brings $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are you insinuating there are two sets of rules? Depending on who you are

Shame on you for suggesting such a thing!

According to the IDPA rules clarification 2014-02-17 the ACCU Shadow is legal and meets IDPA's definitions as it is a complete firearm product, with a specific model number, CZ USA SKU:91730, has more than 2K units manufactured, and is in the CZ-USA catalog.

http://www.idpa.com/...v2014-02-17.pdf

"Question: Is this slide machining allowed in IDPA?

Answer: Yes. With respect to slide machining, SSP, ESP and CDP, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) firearms with extensive slide machining are approved for use in IDPA if they meet all other
requirements for their respective Divisions. For slide machining, an OEM product is defined as a complete firearm product, with specific model part numbers or sku’s catalogued as stock items by the manufacturer and have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units for that specific model. Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units for a specific model. IDPA HQ is working on a process and document to be available on www.idpa.com to allow OEMs to identify firearms that meet this requirement."

I think the difference is s+w are the oem. Cz USA or cz custom are not the oem in this case. Cz ub is. This sounds like the same hurdle the accu hit in IPSC. It's a shame for anyone who bought one for idpa. Bummer.

About CZ-USA

CZ products are imported exclusively by CZ-USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the parent company, Ceska Zbrojovka a.s. Uhersky Brod, (CZUB) of the Czech Republic.