Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the same mag body with a different base pad. A couple of friends has the 9 and I told them about the mags that were posted. They have shot a couple of matches with the cheaper mags and they worked fine.  I have the Pro Match in 40. I am not using mine, have only shot it in one match and a few rounds prior to the match. I have the Rem/ Para mags in 40 for it. Flawless and very soft shooting. I have mine listed here in the classifieds for sale. If I was going to shoot more pistol matches, it would be my go to gun for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, 07yzryder said:

Bumping.

Just bought a 9mm hc from the classifieds, need an insert for my alpha x, does anyone know which insert works?

I used the normal metal frame 1911 insert with my race master. The front trigger guard is pretty spot on traditional 1911.

1 hour ago, CarlB86 said:

I used the normal metal frame 1911 insert with my race master. The front trigger guard is pretty spot on traditional 1911.

Sweet, Your word is gold on fit for that pistol LOL. I spoke with someone at DAA and they told me the same so i have it on order, good to know it will fit.

3 hours ago, 07yzryder said:

Sweet, Your word is gold on fit for that pistol LOL. I spoke with someone at DAA and they told me the same so i have it on order, good to know it will fit.

I would personally run the muzzle support as well. The rounded trigger guard allows some play in terms of y axis angle. No risk of it falling, but disliked the grip angle being different on draw. Muzzle support makes it super solid.

2 minutes ago, CarlB86 said:

I would personally run the muzzle support as well. The rounded trigger guard allows some play in terms of y axis angle. No risk of it falling, but disliked the grip angle being different on draw. Muzzle support makes it super solid.

I always run a muzzle support, where i shoot we do alot of seated stages and last thing i need is to sit and touch the muzzle knocking it out of the holster for a stupid DQ.

• 1 month later...

Got a Tac Ultra 9mm last week. Stripped the whole thing down and scrubbed it and polished stuff up. Threw it in the ultra sonic cleaner and it got all the grit and oil off of it. Feels like a new gun! I had a few extractor issues after a couple hundred rounds, but I tensioned it a bit and it's ran flawlessly since. Pretty happy so far. I have a hayes magwell and grips coming soon. 

I'm not sure about the rear sights, but they're nice enough so I probably won't mess with them for awhile. 

19 hours ago, sfotex said:

Got a Tac Ultra 9mm last week. Stripped the whole thing down and scrubbed it and polished stuff up. Threw it in the ultra sonic cleaner and it got all the grit and oil off of it. Feels like a new gun! I had a few extractor issues after a couple hundred rounds, but I tensioned it a bit and it's ran flawlessly since. Pretty happy so far. I have a hayes magwell and grips coming soon. 

I'm not sure about the rear sights, but they're nice enough so I probably won't mess with them for awhile. 

Those are excellent guns for the money. I own one and did the HCG package with Hayes.  Pics are somewhere in this forum.  Hayes takes it to a new level.

The rear sights are the only thing that I was not completely happy with but they do the job. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got an X-line Vario from Atlas, not done fitting it yet but looks like it will work fine, I'll update tomorrow evening should be able to finish it up . My current trigger is the flat Guncraft that looks to be discontinued now.

Edited by Talon75

On 2/29/2020 at 9:47 AM, Yeti said:

Wow, that is loud!  Kinda like it.  Who did the slide work?

It's not as "loud" in the wild, that pic for some reason made it brighter red/orange than it really is.

2020-03-01-21-06-35-1.jpg

The Pro match 40 is actually a better gun to start with, particularly if you are going to shoot limited. If your set on 9mm then it looks like your gonna have to search a bit harder. My thoughts are if Buds is out of stock it won't be easy to find, then getting it to you will also be difficult at this time.

Capture+_2020-03-21-23-25-31.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked one of these bad boys up finally. 22tcm 9mm combo tac ultra fs hc.

Impossible for me to find in CA......... came with one magazine. Got too excited and ordered 4 more only to find out they have plastic bases vs the metal base on the one that it comes with. Doh! I guess they should work fine.

Hopefully picking it up from the FFL in the next few days!910e5a9dc60a246ea94f0eab4a550487.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk