fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:05 AM, xtian999 said:

So, my question today is: Has anyone put a red dot on their RIA? If so,  please do tell.

I did it. Vortex red dot, Docter mount, Hayes install. It’s awesome.

A1E20504-2C94-4F2C-907E-38A82CA6F15B.jpeg

Edited by xtian999
added pic

All parts and labor came from Hayes Custom Guns. I have xxl hands and the trigger is almost long enough. If I could, I would add another 1/2 inch and move the trigger guard further forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I won a auction on a Pro 40. I think I may add a 9mm topend.  Now I have to try and remember what Kydex holster will work with the huge dust cover.

Red Hill Tactical is the one I’m using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/5/2019 at 1:47 AM, xtian999 said:

All parts and labor came from Hayes Custom Guns. I have xxl hands and the trigger is almost long enough. If I could, I would add another 1/2 inch and move the trigger guard further forward.

Rich at Canyon Creek Customs does great trigger guard work and he can move the trigger guard forward. Tell Rich, Tommy Roupe told you to call. Rich done all of my square trigger guards and it makes a big difference with large hands. I fall into the same category. Robbie Leatham has all of his trigger guards done that way. The pistol rest and points better for me with the square trigger guard. I wish Robbie could chime in on it.

• 4 months later...

Just purchased a RIA HC frame that I'm building with a 6" Fusion complete slide. I'm not going to compete with the pistol, but wanted a long slide in CA and this was the easiest way to make one.

My frame did not come with a Magwell. I like the look of the stock magwell and don't want to go through the headaches of worrying about really expensive magazines to work with something like the Hayes magwell. I have the "tail bone" style frame as depicted on the Hayes website.

I wanted to see if anyone has a stock magwell they are willing to part with?

I also want to look at upgrading the trigger. I don't have any experience with 2011's. What options do I have? 43a78a8025ad2d8a746210f7a8e3da76.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk