Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

On 9/2/2017 at 8:09 PM, Wvaughn7 said:

I have had a 9mm version of this gun for a couple of years now and was running the Dawson tool less pads on the mags with success, but now I am not able to find them for the para style mags. Does anyone know if these have been discontinued and if so what pads are you using on factory tubes? How many rounds are you getting reloadable? Are MBX mags worth the coin? 

There is a rumor floating around that the mag for the RP9, Remingtons newest polymer monstrosity, will fit.  They were $14 recently on sale, so a cheap trial.

Dawson must be out of stock as I ordered 3 in the last week or two.

Edited by dogtired

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2017 at 10:54 PM, BeltFed said:

Has anyone installed an extended magazine release, and if so, which one, and how well did it work?

I would like to know this as well, as well as an extended slide stop.

Also, what's the verdict on the RP9 magazines? I was going to order Dawson basepads, but for what I would get, the RP9 mags would be cheaper.

13 hours ago, jclaypool said:

I would like to know this as well, as well as an extended slide stop.

Also, what's the verdict on the RP9 magazines? I was going to order Dawson basepads, but for what I would get, the RP9 mags would be cheaper.

I have a para extended mag release from gun craft.  He has other videos on the rock.

Thanks usmc1094 for the video. I was able to find out that the STI extended mag release only works with STI mags in the 1911A2 TAC, by watching a few of the linked videos. Saved me some dollars. Friend of mine has an extended mag release with the button for a Para that should work. I was trying to avoid the button, but his price is right, especially if it works.

On 7/24/2017 at 10:09 AM, usmc1094 said:

I don't think they will work with the magwell, but if anyone is looking for these mags this is the cheapest I've found.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/remington-magazine-rp9-9mm-17rd-rt17743f.html

These fit and work with the magwell on my Armscor.  The magazine bodies on the Remington magazines are longer than the body of the magazine that came with my gun.

With that said, the follower is dragging inside the magazine.  Why?  When they drilled the holes in the back of the magazines, either the drill bit was getting dull or something, because there's metal poking into the magazine causing follower drag.  I'll have to find my jeweler's files and flatten them out. 

3 hours ago, FunkyTownAggie said:

Is it possible to buy a separate TCM upper? I bought the 9mm hi cap Tac and would rather not buy an entire new gun. 

I think all you would need would be the TCM barrel and recoil spring, but I don't think RIA sells them.

On 9/7/2017 at 1:17 PM, jrswanson1 said:

These fit and work with the magwell on my Armscor.  The magazine bodies on the Remington magazines are longer than the body of the magazine that came with my gun.

Do Dawson extended floorplates for Para mags fit the RP9 magazines?  I have the magazines, but all my floorplates are STI.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:34 PM, only1asterisk said:

Do Dawson extended floorplates for Para mags fit the RP9 magazines?  I have the magazines, but all my floorplates are STI.

I tried it last night.  Yes, they work.  I got 22 rounds into the magazine with the extension.

39 minutes ago, 1981Shooter said:

Was that a reloadable 22?  Please post back again when you've shot it as well, I'm curious to see how it functions.

I'm going to the range tomorrow night so I'll test it then.  Now if I could just get six or seven more of the Dawson's I'll be set.

With the RP9 mags fitting, it surprises me they are that long/deep. Most 9mm/40 models of anything have much shallower mags to fit the shorter cartridges. The 1911 was always the exception since it started as .45acp. Nice to know. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk