• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

FULLY CUSTOM ROCK ISLAND TACTICAL 2011 IN 9MM

DONE BY BENNY HILL AT TRIANGLE SHOOTING SPORTS IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TX

SUPER TIGHT FITMENT AND 100% RELABLE

HARD CHROME FINISH, 140MM MBX MAGS FOR PARA (NO MODIFICATION NEEDED TO RUN), 2LB 5OZ TRIGGER, ETC.

ROCK ISLAND CUSTOM R.jpg

ROCK ISLAND CUSTOM L.jpg

Well I picked that gun up from the classifieds. I'm going to go ahead and shoot Limited Major and see how I like it. I've been shooting production mostly and dabbling in Limited by shooting minor the last couple of years when not shooting multi-gun. If I like it enough I'd love to send it off to Benny and have something like the awesome examples above. Can't wait to get out and shoot it first over the holidays!

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:08 AM, jclaypool said:

Well I picked that gun up from the classifieds. I'm going to go ahead and shoot Limited Major and see how I like it. I've been shooting production mostly and dabbling in Limited by shooting minor the last couple of years when not shooting multi-gun. If I like it enough I'd love to send it off to Benny and have something like the awesome examples above. Can't wait to get out and shoot it first over the holidays!

Ive been very happy with mine. It runs 100% and is very accurate. Trigger is same as Jays 2.5 lbs

• 1 month later...

Just buy the RIA 9mm upper and be done with it. You can find very good prices on one of the larger internet buying sites (E????)... I have the RIA 1911 gun and have 3 complete upper's,  (9mm bushing, 40 S&W bull barrel, 9mm bushing, with breach face opened to 40S&W specs, match barrel fitted).. I was impressed with the fit of all 3 uppers on the original 9mm frame, nice and tight.

Has anyone tried to make one of the 51679 models IDPA legal? I'm a machinist, so I can cut back the dust cover to 3.25" and such, but I want to make sure it's possible to shave off enough to make the 43oz weight limit. It looks like they weigh around 3 lbs. I presume the mainspring housing is already plastic, so I won't save weight there. I could also possibly flat top or tri top it to save an ounce or two. Thanks.