Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to heat my BladeTech holster to get my 40 HC to fit. My 9 HC fit without any modifications. After heating it to fit the 40 I just need to tighten the tension screw slighty to fit the 9.

• 3 weeks later...

Iv had no luck with the Mecgar p18 (para) mags - rounds keep nose diving (9mm ).

It's a 2015 (51679) made gun but without the new ramped barrel.

Open up the feed lips as suggested but only first few rounds shoot/feed.

Tried a friends old STI brand mag for a Para ( with insert) & ran like a champ - whish I could find more of these but they are real old.

Guess it's Mbx mags next .

Iv had no luck with the Mecgar p18 (para) mags - rounds keep nose diving (9mm ).

It's a 2015 (51679) made gun but without the new ramped barrel.

Open up the feed lips as suggested but only first few rounds shoot/feed.

Tried a friends old STI brand mag for a Para ( with insert) & ran like a champ - whish I could find more of these but they are real old.

Guess it's Mbx mags next .

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Armscor will cut the frame for a ramped barrel under warranty. I don't know if it includes the ramped barrel.

I got one of the newer 9mm tactical hi cap with the ramped barrels. No failure to feed at all using my reloads.

Am I understanding that there is no way to buy the same mags that came with this gun?

Has anyone changed out the ignition kit on one of these? I'm tempted to put a egw or extreme engineering kit and tune it to a 2.5 lb pull.

I got the basepads from mags one my 40 they will not fit with out grinding on them and still don't go up in magwell good enough .. they are also plastic not steel like the mag that comes with the gun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forgetting to tighten the set screw on the factory magazine base pad is not a good thing. I blew a match due to this. When I shoved the mag into the gun the basepad slid off and dropped the spring and bullets on the ground.

I now have Dawson pads on all my mags.