WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys slay me, you always see "pics or it didn't happen" and I post pics and the comments are "from what year" or "photoshopped".

:mellow:

I was met with "I don't have time to look on-line" or "I can't get to a store during store hours". I was called a liar earlier in this thread when I mentioned previously the various powders I have found yet I have helped other members on this forum get powder from the same locations, helped them layaway powder for them to pick up themselves or bought powder for them that they came and picked up from me.

Tough crowd...

:goof:

Just kidding with the "photoshopped" comment. It's nice to see store shelves somewhere fully stocked for a change. No offense intended. Edited by Zoomy

Just letting you guys know what it is like in Australia.

We have only 1 manufacture in Australia who make powder under ADI name. Pistol powder is really hard to get I don't know about rifle. A few years ago we could just pick up 2kg for $ 125 when ever we like. Now you buy anything you see, gone are the days of it will be in next week or month.

The most common powder is ADI AP70. Had no had it for over a year and now looking at 2015. Was told there has been 2 fire where they make AP70. AP50 fast burning you can get some times but now they sell it to us in 500gram bottles for $. 42 a bottle so it is now $ 168 for 2kg.

AP 70 powder is sold under the brand Hodgdon not sure which powder, I was told that ADI prefer to sell o/s in bulk rather than supplying the local market.

Winchester powder we have given up on VV although expensive changed agency so the price went up and is not available again. Aliliant powder can get green and red dot. All in 1 lb bottles no bulk discount.

Now primers, have not seen any Fedral small pistol for over a year and think it will be next year some time.

Suppliers tell us the shortage is due to OH&S, transporting dangerous goods etc.

You are lucky to be getting AP50 for $42 a tub.

I recently picked up a 2kg bottle of AP50 (rare as hens teeth these days) for $150 so was pretty happy with that. Have 2 of them now which should last me a couple years (only use it for 9mm which I don't shoot much of).

I'm down to under 1kg of AP70, 1lb of Unique and 4lb of Power Pistol for my 357 Sig loads. Might have to start stocking up on/using AP100 soon at this rate!

Just letting you guys know what it is like in Australia.

We have only 1 manufacture in Australia who make powder under ADI name. Pistol powder is really hard to get I don't know about rifle. A few years ago we could just pick up 2kg for $ 125 when ever we like. Now you buy anything you see, gone are the days of it will be in next week or month.

The most common powder is ADI AP70. Had no had it for over a year and now looking at 2015. Was told there has been 2 fire where they make AP70. AP50 fast burning you can get some times but now they sell it to us in 500gram bottles for $. 42 a bottle so it is now $ 168 for 2kg.

AP 70 powder is sold under the brand Hodgdon not sure which powder, I was told that ADI prefer to sell o/s in bulk rather than supplying the local market.

Winchester powder we have given up on VV although expensive changed agency so the price went up and is not available again. Aliliant powder can get green and red dot. All in 1 lb bottles no bulk discount.

Now primers, have not seen any Fedral small pistol for over a year and think it will be next year some time.

Suppliers tell us the shortage is due to OH&S, transporting dangerous goods etc.

You guys slay me, you always see "pics or it didn't happen" and I post pics and the comments are "from what year" or "photoshopped".

I was met with "I don't have time to look on-line" or "I can't get to a store during store hours". I was called a liar earlier in this thread when I mentioned previously the various powders I have found yet I have helped other members on this forum get powder from the same locations, helped them layaway powder for them to pick up themselves or bought powder for them that they came and picked up from me.

Tough crowd...

It's like proof-of-life photos; no one will believe them without a recent newspaper or something in the photo with the powder.

I just called my local auto repair shop who sells powder on the side. He has a good supply now on most common powders,and should be getting the bigger jugs on Thursday, but it's always a crapshoot.

His prices are usually good to great.

Primers are in stock also,but a 1K limit usually.

Tough crowd...

It's like proof-of-life photos; no one will believe them without a recent newspaper or something in the photo with the powder.

Yeah, I am going to have to carry a newspaper in with me next time and/or produce a video with a store employee reviewing their selection...

;)

I just called my local auto repair shop who sells powder on the side. He has a good supply now on most common powders,and should be getting the bigger jugs on Thursday, but it's always a crapshoot.

His prices are usually good to great.

Primers are in stock also,but a 1K limit usually.

I am practically tripping over primers around me compared to powder, no limits on primers (still limits on powder but at least they are getting it in). Good to hear.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching Gunbot for the last few months, and even managed to get 4lbs of TiteGroup last week, and there has been an upsurge in the availability of many different brands. VV, Hodgdon, Alliant, IMR... but no Winchester. I can't remember the last time I saw any 231 or WST or WSF for sale. What's up with that?

Went to gun show this morning and powder was there! Picked up a couple pounds of power pistol for $22 a pound. Saw lots of AA#5,7, and 9, Bullseye and several other pistol powders. Life is good!

• 1 month later...

What's up with the powder situation? I've still got enough to last me a few months, but still not seeing much pistol powder on GunBot. I know I'll never be able to actually purchase it by watching that website, but it makes me feel better when I see it pop up from time to time. Anyone have some inside info? It's hard for me to imagine that the manufacturers couldn't ramp up by now.

Everyone chime in....

My local shops have it in stock. I just bought an 8# keg of WAC for another forum member who is going to pick it up when they have a chance and I have bought TightGroup and CFE Pistol recently. I have seen a number of other pistol powders locally recently.

What's up with the powder situation? I've still got enough to last me a few months, but still not seeing much pistol powder on GunBot. I know I'll never be able to actually purchase it by watching that website, but it makes me feel better when I see it pop up from time to time.

Why not? I managed to order 2 lbs of Titegroup from Cabelas a week ago after seeing it on gunbot. This morning, gunbot says Cabelas has Longshot...and the Cabelas web site says it's still in stock.

I have 10 1# Factory sealed canisters of Alliant E-3 I do not use it have have a large supply of my powder of choice. I have sold this powder four times, had to give a refund each time. Found not legal way to ship it. I am not certified as Haz Mat approved.

So if you live close to Dallas, and you want E-3 We Got Some.

:cheers:

What's up with the powder situation? I've still got enough to last me a few months, but still not seeing much pistol powder on GunBot. I know I'll never be able to actually purchase it by watching that website, but it makes me feel better when I see it pop up from time to time.

Why not? I managed to order 2 lbs of Titegroup from Cabelas a week ago after seeing it on gunbot. This morning, gunbot says Cabelas has Longshot...and the Cabelas web site says it's still in stock.

I use Precision Bullets 9MM 125-FP. Titegroup is not recommended for these coated bullets.

I guess I'm just wandering if powder will ever become readily available.

I use Precision Bullets 9MM 125-FP. Titegroup is not recommended for these coated bullets.

I guess I'm just wandering if powder will ever become readily available.

Longshot wouldn't be my first or second choice for those, but it'd work.