The whole line of Alliant

And others I am forgetting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, where are you located ???

Northeast Ohio, I have posted pics before (possibly in this thread). There are a number of gun shops in the area that I stop at regularly.

A ray of hope!

I sent an e-mail to Lapua Friday and received a reply Saturday morning.

I basically asked about N330,MY all time favorite for 9mm.

Adam Braverman Of Lapua ,told me that N330 has not been discontinued or stopped being imported. He say that supply can not kep up with demand. But he says that thing are looking better. So lets hope that they are !!!

I would love to pick up a 4lb jug of 330, Its been awhile since I have shot any of my GSSF powder puff loads!

Jeff

N330 is (subjectively) the best 9mm powder made if you're chasing accuracy.

Too bad it's rarer than hens teeth and I've never seen it in a 4 lb. jug size before.

It did come in 4lbs jugs, When I worked at my local gun shop back in NC, We bought it from Black hills shooters supply!

But your right! It is as rare as hens teeth !!!

BTW Does anyone here that's has an FFL know if Black hills has any powder?

Black hills was also a great source for bullets

Edited by ghost21

Where is the Clays?

Out of production until they rebuild. If you don't have any, or haven't found any, get familiar with other powders. WST seems to be a pretty good alternative (though you have to use more). Promo / Red Dot, and Clay Dot are probably also worth consideration.

I have an 8 lb jug of Clay Dot coming from Midway. My LGS in Bessemer, AL seems to get pistol powder in fairly often. That's where I bought an 8 lb jug of Promo a couple of weeks ago. I just happened to be checking my email when the notification from Midway about the Clay Dot popped up. 10 minutes later it was all gone. I should be set for the next year or two with my current inventory of Clays,Solo 1000, Promo and the Clay Dot.

Well, if you don't mind paying more than the going rate, you can get all the AutoComp you can stand at Reloading Unlimited. They have eight 8-pounders and sixteen 1-pounders in stock now. It is pricey, but is is also in stock. I bought two 8-pounders last week because I have a new 9 major gun coming real soon now and I want to be able to shoot it!

On a more reasonable note, I was also able to buy two 4-pounders of N320 (for my Limited gun) at Third Generation Shooting Supply, at normal prices. Sadly, that stock didn't last long. Reloading Unlimited also has one 1-pound jug of N320, but is not not cheap, especially if you add the Hazmat fee.

Wow... Checked Reloading Unlimited's prices.

OUCH, $40 for a pound of TiteGroup. That makes the $43/pound VV N320 look like bargain. Come to think of it I'm a little "offended" that Vihtavuori is only three more dollars per pound than TiteGroup :)

Wow... Checked Reloading Unlimited's prices.

OUCH, $40 for a pound of TiteGroup. That makes the $43/pound VV N320 look like bargain. Come to think of it I'm a little "offended" that Vihtavuori is only three more dollars per pound than TiteGroup :)

I'll never understand the love for 320. You need to use more and it is not nearly as consistent(for me anyways)...