Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lack of powder gonna crimp your shooting this season?

Sandbagger123

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....I got careless and didn't stay on top of it. now my 8#s of 231 is virtually gone. I will be getting some clays, but I was trying to switch to titegroup or bullseye....that's not gonna happen

I had a lot of trouble finding 320.

A buddy turned me on to E3 shotgun powder for my 40. There are a couple of threads on here about it.

I swear it feels like 320 and is at least as clean if not more so. It's also about half the price of 320 and since it isn't that popular with pistol shooters yet I can even find it locally in the Tampa area

8#s was $140 out the door with tax.

Other than E3, I also can't find the normal powders.

I'd like more but I have enough for 9700 rds of 9MM and/or 7000 RDS of 45ACP the way I'm loading them now.

So I should be good for a year or so before I get too scared.

I'll be good this year, but if things continue, I'll be hurting next year. I've cut back the amount of practice I do, partially because of time, partially being lazy and having the excuse of saving powder for matches has worked out nicely.

Luckily pistol powder goes a long way. I'll be running short on rifle powder for 3gun first unfortunately...

No. I am well stocked.

+1. a year ago i felt something was wrong with the availability of some of my fav powders, so i stocked 28lbs of 320, 20 lbs of VV340 and 24 lbs of 3N37.i load both 9mm and 40 S&W, i feel i'm good for another year or so i hope.

What kind of loads are you using E3 in? Tried it in 40 s&w and didn't like it as much as titegroup. Tried WST in the 40 and it was better.

Anyone using E3 in 9mm or 38 short colt?

Good for this year with clays and some other small amounts for other rounds. Primers are starting to come back though.

I'm about to give in to the hijackers on gunbroker for some rifle powder

Do NOT do it. I swear the day after I paid 220 for 4lbs of titegroup there were two posts on here offering it below retail and It showed up at midway and grafs... post a WTB in the classifieds first.

What kind of loads are you using E3 in? Tried it in 40 s&w and didn't like it as much as titegroup. Tried WST in the 40 and it was better.

I'm doing .40 major and minor and I've done .45 ACP major with it so far. Eventually I'll try some .38 Special.

Anyone using E3 in 9mm or 38 short colt?

Good for this year with clays and some other small amounts for other rounds. Primers are starting to come back though.

Using it in .38SC and worked up some "Mid" Colt loads. Liking it. In my gun the best shooting load is a bit higher PF than I wanted, but I have cushion at the chrono.