Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you consider reloading a hobby?

Gooldylocks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pain in the ass chore.......been shooting same load for 6 years, found one that works and that is good enough for me....If I had enough money to buy or pay somone to load my ammo I would!!

Yeah, me too.

I am forced to reload because of ammo prices. And i have bought what is available to make my reloading time as short as possible, except automation (ponsness, etc). Funny that any reloading material ill buy it in a heartbeat if i want/need it but not with my shooting gear/gun.

I guess its both a hobby and a chore. Its like cooking food..

A hobby is something you do becuase you want to not becuase you have to ....so all you out there who said reloading is a hobby would continue to do so even if you were to get a shooting sponsor who provided you 25,000 rds/ Yr to your specs?

Reloading is nothing more to me than a necessary evil ...

When I used to offshore fish I'd have to spend hours rigging dead baits in prep for a trip, not a hobby either, just required ...

Edited by Nimitz

.so all you out there who said reloading is a hobby would continue to do so even if you were to get a shooting sponsor who provided you 25,000 rds/ Yr to your specs?

I honestly think I would still want to reload my own ammo. If an ammo company said here is 25k rounds for the year of course I would use it and probably just buy a different gun to reload for with the ammo savings. I would actually prefer a sponsor to give me components to make my own ammo.

Of course this is all just pipe dreams as I will never get that type of sponsorship. Kind of like when I say ,"If I won the lottery......" I have never bought a lottery ticket and never will. :roflol:

A hobby is something you do because you want to not because you have to ....so all you out there who said reloading is a hobby would continue to do so even if you were to get a shooting sponsor who provided you 25,000 rds/ Yr to your specs?

If i had 25,000 rounds a year to shoot, I would not have time to reload.

I'd be making once fired brass instead.

Means to an end. If I didn't reload I couldn't shoot as much. Buying parts looks like less money than just buying finished rounds.

$85-$30-$25(bullets primers powder for 1k) spread out looks better than $280 all at once and it's genuinely cheaper.

Of course I've spent enough money on reloading equipment that I suppose I'd feel a lot better if i i considered it as a hobby.

I just have to keep reloading TO SAVE SAVE SAVE $$$$$$ and SAVE some more $$$$$.

I just save like crazy, but I seem to BUY BUY BUY, and Buy some more

reloading stuff so I can SAVE EVEN MORE $$$$$.

My Hobbies become more of an addiction, and you still have to

go to the range and shoot up all those savings.

I just have to keep reloading TO SAVE SAVE SAVE $$$$$$ and SAVE some more $$$$$.

I just save like crazy, but I seem to BUY BUY BUY, and Buy some more

reloading stuff so I can SAVE EVEN MORE $$$$$.

My Hobbies become more of an addiction, and you still have to

go to the range and shoot up all those savings.

When I was first starting to reload one of my dad's friends that was helping me out said, "Reloading will NEVER save you any money. All it does is make you shoot more."

I hand load over 30,000 pistol rounds a year for myself and my two sons... Although my boys help me reload when they can, I do the bulk of the "work".

More of a chore than a hobby for me, but I don't "hate" it.

I think of myself of more of an "un-loader" than a re-loader.

The part I don't like is "picking up" brass. I don't mind sorting, cleaning it and loading it, but I really hate scooping it off the ground.

The part I don't like is "picking up" brass. I don't mind sorting, cleaning it and loading it, but I really hate scooping it off the ground.

This I agree with 100%.