Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Alabama USPSA Pistol Sectional

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrific match with its own unique flare. Thank you to all of the ROs and staff, especially the MD. As most of you know, making an event like this happen takes many hours of all volunteer work. I am greatful for it and hope you guys continue to do it in the future. Great match guys!

I would also like to add that, this match REALLY catered to the shooters needs, being taken care of! While many ranges think ONLY about stage building and shooting,,,,this crew, made sure that, that we as shooters, were taken care of, for every aspect of the match. For instance, at lunch. All shooters had the ability to clean their hands off before eating lunch, because you provided us all, with containers of Handi-wipes, at each table,,,,Speaking of lunch, there were also plenty of tables, that enabled us all, to sit down at a table, to eat lunch - (we have sat on the ground, trying to eat lunch at a major one year). There were also, Snacks and drinks being offered all day, as was HOT coffee - which helped greatly on those chilly mornings!.
There were LARGE Shade covers, at every stage, so that ALL shooters could get out of the sun, if they chose to so. I understand that these were already up as, permanent structures of the range, but, many times at the Shooting Ranges up North, we didn't have these large covers built onto the Stages or Bays,,,often, only a small square Pop-tent, would go up to help protect the Range Crew for the day. Thus leaving the shooters out on the sun, trying to fend for their own shade levels, via an umbrella attached to a range cart, if at all possible. ***Our, hats go off to many of the ranges down South, for making sure that the shooters have a way to get out of the sun - it sure does make a HUGE difference!!!!
BEST of all though, (as far as thinking of the shooters), was this ONE fact: There were PLENTY of Port-a-Potty's! HOWEVER - That being said - a VERY SPECIAL thanks goes out to, WHOMEVER it was, that made it their purpose to make sure that, the ladies had a Port-a-Potty dedicated to being used for, JUST THE LADIES! For those that DON'T understand,,, this one little kind thoughtful Porta potty, was for me,,,, Noble Peace Prize worthy, [to us girls!!!] This person put so much thought into it, I wanted to take a picture of it!!!, The LED candles alone were GENIUS! (especially on that VERY VERY dark, Saturday morning) BUT,,, also they gave us, soft squishy potty paper,,,,lotion, hand sanitizer,,,,AND it was all very pretty, and decorated, with a pretty fabric sheet, and cute frilly hanging flowers,,,, All the thought that went into this one little item, meant the WORLD to me, ( and, while I cannot speak for others, I can't imagine that too many ladies, were NOT impressed by this GIFT of a sparkling clean rest room to use, while at a major match! Thank you, thank you,,,THANK YOU -- it really meant more to me, than you can ever imagine!
And YES,,,I am making a BIG DEAL about it because, I want to make sure that somebody knows that their hard work did not go un-noticed - because one year while at a major match, the Porta-Potties, were so FEW in number, and had gone, uncleaned from Thursday to Saturday, that sadly, on a Saturday morning, upon entering a VERY gross potty unit,,,I actually lost my breakfast, when I had to exit the unit as fast as possible. And, as bad as they were that morning, they got MUCH worse ALL day long as these units STILL had to be used by shooters ALL day Saturday AND on Sunday - they were already filled up and filthy and were NEVER cleaned out for the match! I know some guys could care less about where they have to 'go' - however, ladies DO care - and, for the rest of that match -- I refused to drink ANY liquids -- This was not a good (or safe), choice to make, while at a match, considering that it was in August and 90+ degrees outside.
The little things that can be done at a match really make a difference - and YOUR match was an extremely FUN match to not only SHOOT,,,but to ENJOY as well - so THANKS again, for touching onto the MANY other things that go into a major match, other than just stage design! We will totally be back next year!

This match is always a fun match. Thanks for all your hard work putting it on for us. I hope your club does decide to host it again next year. I just don't think another club would/could do better. Cheers..

Another great match! Everything ran smoothly! Obviously there were a few minor hickups such as a couple reshoots, a nook went out a couple times, but squads moved fast, stages were really fun and a good variety of types. Thanks to Mark and the EAGC crew, and to all the sponsors.

Hopefully I'll be at next year's again, but by then I'll be living way up in Nebraska!

Here's some highlights of my match, definitely my best performance to date.

Great match fun stages and I didnt have to test the medical response times this year(diabetic issues last year totally my fault but staff handled very well). Thanks to all who helped put on another great Alabama state match.

+1 one the decorated port-a-potty. My wife appreciated it as well. Also the chalk board painted targets that were used for listing the shooting order were very handy. It was nice knowing how many shooters were still left to shoot before it was your turn.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On behalf of the management of the East Alabama Gun Club, and myself, as Match Directory, I want to give a huge thanks to all the fine people that traveled to shoot our match. We are humbled that we have people travel from all over the country (Alaska, even) to share shooting with us. You truly make all the work worth it. I also have to put all your complements on our staff and setup folks. Thanks you to Allen, Jack, Comer, Skip, Carmen, Troy, Amanda, Robert, Ken, Maddy, and Chris, but especially Leigh and Alan who do more than you could ever pay someone to do. Our ROs and Range master Ken WIlcox were beyond great. They all make our match YOU the shooter, focused. We hope, always, to make our matches Safe, Challenging, and above all, a great fun time with like minded friends.

We are still in internal discussions about whether we will host this match again next year, but when we decide, will will announce it here.

Thanks Again,

Mark Kauder

Match Director.

Match was great, also shot last years match. Got to shoot this year with friends I made

last year. Plan on shooting next year as well. Was a solid match, no gimmick stages

and run very well. Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark, thank you for another great match. I had a great time again. Thank you to all of the hard working volunteers that made this an enjoyable match. I for one hope you do host again next year.

I know the final results are on Practiscore, but will you be posting them to USPSA as well? Thanks,

For those of you that won your Division/Class, and were not about to attend the awards ceremony on Saturday, they well be in the mail to you later this week. I am sorting them and packaging them up today and tomorrow.

Please review my earlier post on how award distribution was established.

Mark

Folks,

Two of the gifts that did not get awarded at the Award Ceremony, mostly because I forgot, were from our Great Match Sponsor - Brad Gannaway & Hear-Pro:

http://hear-pro.com/

Brad asked that Gift Certificates for Hear Pro Product be awarded to to the Overall High (non-pro) Junior and the High Overall (non-pro) Lady.

The winners are: High Junior Christian Harris and High Lady Carmen Lout.

I will be getting the certificate to both of them at the Area 6 Match.

Sorry for the delay, but thanks to Hear-Pro

Mark