Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Alabama USPSA Pistol Sectional

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will be my first time coming to East Alabama and I just wanted to know if I can get my low sitting 350z down the gravel road once I get there. I plan on just making the drive from Birmingham Friday morning so I can sleep in my own bed. I wanted to drive my car so I can make good time not to mention it is way more comfortable than my truck. I am in squad 14.

I've taken a vette down the road when it was rougher several years ago, just better hope the river isn't high or you may float down stream some before making it to the other side..........pretty sure speed limit is the same for your car as it is your truck..... ;)

Any idea when the stages will be posted? I see the match status is still pending approval on the USPSA website even though they have already approved another match the month after this match......

We only submitted the stages for approval about 10 days ago. I have had the first round of critique from NROI on the stages, and have replied with some changes and some comments.

Once approved, I will probably post the stages about the 1st of March, maybe a week earlier.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

All the stages have been approved,and the match has been approved as a Level II match.

I will post the stages on or about the 1st of March.

Thanks,

Mark

Oh, and you Yankees - Keep that nasty weather up your way, we have had enough of it......

Farmer's Almanac says we should be good on the weather.

Fair warning - CHRONO AND EQUIPMENT CHECK this year.

We had Chrono the first year we hosted. Second year we had Chrono and Equipment check, but Chrono got thrown out (but not equipment check). Last year, staffing problems kept us from having Chrono. This year, Chrono will be top notch. Make sure your bullets make PF, and everything that has to me measured/weighed is up to snuff. :surprise:

Also, just FYI - this year our cash payouts are higher, and will go deeper (1st place only for Unclassified). We will go as deep as 4th Place, if there are 16 shooters in a division/class. Trophy/cash payout placing is based on 4/8/12/16 participants. These placing and payouts are based on the numbers entered on 1 March (we have to get Trophies made, and have to have a cutoff date.

We award HOA, Sectional Champion (high AL Resident) and category prizes (if there are 3 in a cat) in all divisions. HOA will not then also be eligible to win their div/class. However, Sectional Champion and Category winners may also collect any Div/cat awards, if any. For example, if GM XXX wins Limited, he will not be eligible for 1st place Limited GM, but if he is an Alabama resident, he will be awarded the AL Sectional Champion award, and if he is a Junior, he would also get High Junior, if there were at least 3 juniors in Limited.

HOA payout amount is based on the number of participants in the division. Thus if there are 65 Limited shooters, and 40 Prod shooters, HOA Limited will payout more.

As most of you know, we do not do a prize table, we take all sponsor prizes and award those based on a blind drawing of all shooters, and those prizes will be in the shooters bags at registration. I don't have an exact count, but our sponsorship prize donations are WAY UP from last year.

Clear?

Mark

All the stages have been approved,and the match has been approved as a Level II match.

I will post the stages on or about the 1st of March.

Thanks,

Mark

Why you are waiting until March 1st?????? As if I didn't know already......

We just decided early on that is how we would do it.

Mark

Also, just FYI - this year our cash payouts are higher, and will go deeper (1st place only for Unclassified). We will go as deep as 4th Place, if there are 16 shooters in a division/class. Trophy/cash payout placing is based on 4/8/12/16 participants. These placing and payouts are based on the numbers entered on 1 March (we have to get Trophies made, and have to have a cutoff date.

We award HOA, Sectional Champion (high AL Resident) and category prizes (if there are 3 in a cat) in all divisions. HOA will not then also be eligible to win their div/class. However, Sectional Champion and Category winners may also collect any Div/cat awards, if any. For example, if GM XXX wins Limited, he will not be eligible for 1st place Limited GM, but if he is an Alabama resident, he will be awarded the AL Sectional Champion award, and if he is a Junior, he would also get High Junior, if there were at least 3 juniors in Limited.

HOA payout amount is based on the number of participants in the division. Thus if there are 65 Limited shooters, and 40 Prod shooters, HOA Limited will payout more.

As most of you know, we do not do a prize table, we take all sponsor prizes and award those based on a blind drawing of all shooters, and those prizes will be in the shooters bags at registration. I don't have an exact count, but our sponsorship prize donations are WAY UP from last year.

Clear?

Mark

Crystal

Looking forward to it

(now if this @#&*$@%& snow would melt and maybe I go actually shoot something before then would be good)

Just giving you a hard time......I'm lazy and it just saves me from having to design and draw up 6 stages for my match.......heck ya'll never set them up right anyways, ruined some good flowing stages last year with all those flippin no shoots placed in the totally wrong places. Just kidding y'll always have great stages, thats why I drive 2 hrs., one way, every month to shoot your match!!!!

Just giving you a hard time......I'm lazy and it just saves me from having to design and draw up 6 stages for my match.......heck ya'll never set them up right anyways, ruined some good flowing stages last year with all those flippin no shoots placed in the totally wrong places Just kidding y'll always have great stages, thats why I drive 2 hrs., one way, every month to shoot your match!!!!

And we appreciate it.