Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Alabama USPSA Pistol Sectional

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang, that's a lot of reloads, maybe I should shoot the 8-shot. I'm stuck up at work now so I'm really jonesing to go shoot this match now!

I was thinking the same thing about the number of reloads. I'm seriously leaning towards moving to Production.

Minor Change to the stage layout - The Chrono will move to bay 9 - the stage marked as Bay 9 will move to Bay 8.

Our bay 9 is a little wet in the back, and likely to stay so, and is less suited to a shooting bay, and better for the Chrono.

No other changes.

On Hither and Yon which mini-popper activates the swinger and does the swinger remain visible once activated?

BTW the stages look awesome. Looking forward to shooting them!

PP1 - T9 is an out and back target - disappearing.

Mark, the stage description you posted for Hiter and Yon does not have any mention of T9 being "disappearing". Guess you'll change that by match day?

On Hither and Yon which mini-popper activates the swinger and does the swinger remain visible once activated?

BTW the stages look awesome. Looking forward to shooting them!

PP1 - T9 is an out and back target - disappearing.

Mark, the stage description you posted for Hiter and Yon does not have any mention of T9 being "disappearing". Guess you'll change that by match day?

Yes, it will be in the stage briefing at least.

I do not see what the big deal is about matches posting stages.....every match post the stages in advance, even the Nationals.......I think they should post them as soon as they are apporved, but that is just me.

I promise everyone, that these stages have not been run at East Alabama Gun Club. At least one is similar to one we ran recently, everyone loved it, so that is why a modified version is in the match. Some of these stages actually are modified versions of stages that have been run in the area, but are highly modified. And frankly, short of a classifier, I have never seen the same stage setup twice the same, especially by different clubs. None of these stages have "Tricks" that having shot it once you learn something. Not our style. Run and gun, that is our style. Even for fat old farts like me.....

Mark

I would rather have them not show anyone the stages. But then again now everyone will know instead of one club.

Care to elaborate on that a bit? I'd like to know for my own education. I find it very valuable when stages are posted in advance. It gives me an opportunity to have some idea what to expect in advance of arriving at the stage. I know the stages won't look exactly like they are in the diagrams but they'll be close.

NOTICE - The offer by BBI for special pricing and match delivery has been such a success, that BBI can not take any more orders - the vehicle bringing the bullets cannot carry any more. No MORE PRE-ORDERS for delivery at the match.

Mark

They need an dang dump tuck. Lol.

My question about the matrix is squad 1 will start on stage 1 & 2 will start on 2 and so on 3 on 3? Thanks Mark. Oh and when is first shots? Thanks.

Edited by a matt

They need an dang dump tuck. Lol.

My question about the matrix is squad 1 will start on stage 1 & 2 will start on 2 and so on 3 on 3? Thanks Mark

Yeah, All squads start as close to 8am as possible, and we have allocated 50min per stage on the schedule. Worked fine last year.