Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Shooting Goals

B.J. Norris

For 2005:

- Win Std div nationally

- Win Man vs Man competition

- Top 3 overall national IPSC

- Attend at least 3 international matches

- Grow IPSC in Namibia by the same percentage I managed for 2004 (from 4-6 active members to over 30)

- Raise enough funds to send 2 or 3 guys to WSXIV and to pay IPSC subs

- Upgrade a range to host a Level IV shoot like the Africa Champs

That should keep me busy for a while I think.... ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met all my 2004 shooting goals but 2, so they are #1 and #2 for 2005.

1. Classify as B in Limited 10 (Currently C)

2. Make my dry fire/work out routines habit rather than something I have to go do.

and my new goals for 2005

1. Classify as B in Open (Currently unclassified, a 2004 goal was to get the gun running)

2. Make 1 additional 'Major' USPSA match, preferably out of Area 6, along with repeating the 2004 matches.

3. Make 1 additional 'Major' SASS match, preferably the SE Regional, along with repeating the 2004 matches.

4. Find a better balance between USPSA, SASS, and home.

5. Successfully defend my 2004 1st In Class at the 2005 SASS NC Championships, while improving my overall finish in the match by 10%. (The 2004 goal was to win my class)

6. Make at least 1 'Major' 3-Gun Match.

1. Stick to my dry fire schedule

2. Place in my class in one of the major matches I attend next year

3. move higher in B class limited, but not move up until I'm competetive in this class.

4. have fun and not get caught up in wanting to score higher that my shooting buddy all the time :)

I have no goals in the gun games other than to have some fun. For what it would take for me to move up to GM or even master in production at this point is not worth it.

My persoanl goal is to shoot the "suggested" times on the Ron Avery school qualifier. I can get a fw of them now but some are going to take some work but the good thing is I can do most of the practice dry-fire.

I just want to be in the position to give back to all those who have given so much to me. If my offhand rifle shooting starts to feel as solid and natural as my pistol freestyle platform, 2005 will be a success.

-Move into A class in at least one division

-Earn B card in the divisions where I am still in C (L10, Production and Revolver)

-Travel and shoot more large matches during the outdoor season

-Organize several GSSF teams through my employer, Shooters Paradise & dominate the team event at the Maryland GSSF round this year.

Douglas

www.shootersparadise.com

Well, I was really hoping the Santa would bring me an "M" card for Christmas, but instead I continue to slowly loose a few points here and there in "A" class. So with that in mind my goal for 2005 will be the same as it was in 2004, to make Master in L-10. I was within less than 0.5% this year! :angry:

Have as much fun my second year(2005) as the first and shoot a little more consistently

Most importantly, shoot with the GREAT people in the sport(uspsa) of the northwest and beat them with a cheap gun and no practice :P:D:P:DB)

This was meant to be funny I really do like the shooting with the people in the northwest they're a great bunch!

I have ONE very simple shooting goal for 2005 and that is to actually shoot up to my ability 100% of the time.

My non-gun, but shooting related goal is to become a CRO and then start becoming a Range Master.

My totally non-shooting goal is to survive going back to a *real* college with kids young enough to be my own children!

• 1 month later...
Pretty easy goals for me in '05 :unsure:

1) Classify Expert in ESP

2) Shoot 2 sanctioned matches

3) Go to Nationals

I've been in (and out) of IDPA since 1997 and have yet to make nationals, hopefully 2005 is the year !!

It's the end of January and I just shot a classifier on Saturday and missed Expert in ESP by 10 seconds. Looks like that goal is going to be pretty easily made if I'll just buckle down and practice.

As for 2 & 3, they're on hold until the whole IDPA mess gets straightened out.

Since USPSA is looking better all the time let's shoot for a B card in limited instead :D

I'm currently unclassified (previously classed C) and coming off a 5yr hibernation from shooting.

1. C class by summer then B class by winter in Limited-10 with a single-stack 45 auto

2. C class in revolver

3. Lose 40 pounds

nice forum BTW

Ok, we are just about past the first month in '05.

After some serious thought and practice I believe it is time to refine my goals.

Performance goals:

Place top 10 at Open Nats - however I am going for top 5.

Shoot the el prez in under 3 with all hits.

Place top 5 at every area match I shoot.

Sub goals (what will allow me to achieve performance goals):

Be able to rely on sub second draws and reloads in matches.

Shoot no more than 5 penalties for the season (approximately 1 every 3 majors).

Shoot every drill freestyle, strong hand only, weak hand only.

Shoot 95% of the available points at EVERY match.

And probably the most important one - Never quit and never settle for something that is "good."

I have NEVER shot a match before, but:

I bought a STI Edge made by Derek Janowicz, have watched the Burket DVD's, have the correct balt, mags, mag holders, and holster. So there are NO excuses for poor equipment. I have 15 years of professional sports behind me, so mental toughness and competition should not be a problem. I have above average hand-eye coordination ;) and love to try to get better and improve. I also have LOT's of spare time to practice and dry-fire.

So.........

I want to show up at the 2006 Florida Open with an A card in my pocket!

First match is this Thursday evening as a warm-up for the 2005 Florida Open.

NOW them are some lofty goals.

• 1 month later...

Ralph,

Thats smoking dude, great for you. Wish I coulda been there. I turned a 1.00 reload with the G34 last friday, too bad the second shot was a C. JB witnessed a couple of 1.0X A to A reloads too. Keep goin hard dude, cause I got no doubts a 100% is in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...