Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On-line Registration for paid shooters begins: Sunday October 20th 2013 5pm MST

Paying competitors wishing to apply for the match:

For those of you that have not yet participated in the on-line registration process using Match Director, the process is simple and straight forward. Simply access the website at: https://matchdirector.com/app/comp/match/view/bda05bab-ac51-42dd-9fb0-8e572803ccea

Between now and Sunday October 20th 2013 5pm MST you may practice the entry process to become familiar with it. On Oct 20th, completing the same process will complete your registration process into the match. If you are told “Congratulations You have been entered in the match”, that is your confirmation that you indeed made it in the match which is contingent upon our receipt of your check along with the printed confirmation within 2 (TWO) WEEKS of registering.
Send checks to: SMM3G P.O. Box 52770 Mesa, Arizona 85208

There are no-exceptions to the following policy: If your check is not received by November 3rd, 2013, your slot will be given to the next person on the wait list.

Using the online registration, if you do not make it into the match because the match has already filled, you will be placed on a wait list automatically arranged by time of your registration attempt.
Using the email address that you provide during the online registration process, we will keep you informed about the status of the match and the current wait list order. If people drop out, you will be immediately notified via email regarding the open slots. Wait listed shooters will be required to submit payment within ONE WEEK of being notified of the open slot.

Approved Sponsored shooters will be contacted to sign-up using a different website.
Approved sponsored Shooters may contact: Mick Bjelopavlic prizecoordinator@smm3gun.com for further registration info.

Only one registration entry is allowed per person and a valid email is required for each shooter. Duplicate emails will not be allowed by the system. Email correspondence will be essential with keeping you up to date regarding the match.

When you register, please have the following information ready. T-Shirt Size, Division you plan to shoot, Shooting partner full names, Preferences of an AM or PM start time, valid personal email to receive confirmation.
We hope that you will enjoy the Match and hope that this automated process will allow us to keep you more informed about the match and make it an even more enjoyable experience.

http://www.smm3gun.com/registration.html

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify the definition of "Approved Sponsored Shooters".

This means that one of your sponsors has a signed contract with SMM3G committing to generously donate a predetermined quantity of cash and/or merchandise to the SMM3G Prize Tables.

As such, your Sponsor has already communicated to me that you will be representing your Sponsor at the Match, whereupon I will communicate with you directly.

The number of Sponsored Shooter openings is limited. The number of Sponsorship opportunities is limited and these are filled very quickly.

Example 1: you are Sponsored by "Stinky Bob's Tactical" and they sign a major contract with SMM3G and designate Billy, Ray and Cyrus as their Sponsored shooters. I will contact Billy, Ray and Cyrus and get them signed up.

Example 2: you are Sponsored by "Fabio's Perfumery and Indoor Shooting Range". They do not have a signed contract with SMM3G. This means that you CANNOT shoot the Match as a Sponsored Shooter. You must either sign up with the paying shooters (who are the majority of the competitors), or talk with your Sponsor and have them contact me (prizecoordinator@smm3gun.com) to sign a Sponsorship Contract with SMM3G.

Question: "I have Registered and paid for the Match. My Sponsor then signed a contract with SMM3G. What happens to my Match Fee?"

Answer: Your Match Fee will be refunded to you. This scenario occasionally happens.

I trust that the above clarifies things regarding Sponsored Shooters.

Mick

So, we'll be on the road coming back from Superstition and I can't figure a way to save the practice sheet so that I have a printed copy to send in!

Any thoughts?? I don't have a printer in the car with me.

Will it send me a confirmation e-mail?

Also, it does not seem to accept a shooting partner, so I could get in and JJ not??? RUSSO said I could put my shooting partner in, but there's no place for it in the practice registration...

Where do we enter squad requests?

Thanks for your help!

Denise

As I understand it, you will be on the road with internet access during the registration process but no printer.

That will not present a problem for you. When you are finished with the normal registration process, you will be sent an confirmation email. You will be able to print out that email later and send it in with your check before the November 3rd, 2013 deadline.

During the "normal registration process", after you have been told that you are in the match. There will be a place for your squadding requests. After you are finished with your registration, you will then have to sign up your shooting partner JJ with a separate transaction using a separate email address.

We have carefully thought through the process and are very hopeful that families and long time shooting partners that sign up early will be able to get in and still be able to enjoy the match together.

Everybody hates change, but we are very hopeful that this new process will allow us to serve our shooters better and provide them with an even more enjoyable and informed experience.

As I understand it, you will be on the road with internet access during the registration process but no printer.

That will not present a problem for you. When you are finished with the normal registration process, you will be sent an confirmation email. You will be able to print out that email later and send it in with your check before the November 3rd, 2013 deadline.

During the "normal registration process", after you have been told that you are in the match. There will be a place for your squadding requests. After you are finished with your registration, you will then have to sign up your shooting partner JJ with a separate transaction using a separate email address.

We have carefully thought through the process and are very hopeful that families and long time shooting partners that sign up early will be able to get in and still be able to enjoy the match together.

Everybody hates change, but we are very hopeful that this new process will allow us to serve our shooters better and provide them with an even more enjoyable and informed experience.

Personally I think the change is good, except for the small detail that really makes it bad is the website you are using is not mobile or at least iPhone friendly. When you click on the practice form link nothing happens. Just my $0.02

Seemed to have success with my android S4. Hopefully it goes smooth on game day. Will be crossing back across international borders around that time from a multigun match in Montana.

I have been in contact with the software program administrator of Match Director. It does appear that iphone users that are using ios 7 may have an issue. But not if you access the registration site by using the direct link provided here.

https://matchdirector.com/app/comp/reg/bda05bab-ac51-42dd-9fb0-8e572803ccea/index

Thank you for you for pointing this out. He is working on a more permanent fix. Please email me directly if you experience any more issues. Hopefully everyone else will take the time to "practice the registration" we all know how valuable the walk throughs are. - Shooter Ready - Standby

I have been in contact with the software program administrator of Match Director. It does appear that iphone users that are using ios 7 may have an issue. But not if you access the registration site by using the direct link provided here.

https://matchdirector.com/app/comp/reg/bda05bab-ac51-42dd-9fb0-8e572803ccea/index

Thank you for you for pointing this out. He is working on a more permanent fix. Please email me directly if you experience any more issues. Hopefully everyone else will take the time to "practice the registration" we all know how valuable the walk throughs are. - Shooter Ready - Standby

Thanks Russo, got the link saved!

Just got a reminder e-mail from our registration coordinator. I want to add emphasis that sponsored shooters should not register on this site. If you do it will take a slot from a paying shooter and force them onto the waiting list.

Just a quick reminder that SMM 3-Gun Registration starts this Sunday at 5pm MST. This process is for paid shooters only.
https://matchdirector.com/app/comp/reg/bda05bab-ac51-42dd-9fb0-8e572803ccea/index (This updated link will also work for iphone ios7 users)

Please take the time beforehand to "practice the registration" available at anytime before registration starts.

If you are signing up for a friend, you need to have their personal email address in order to complete their registration.
You will be notified almost immediately if you have made it into the match.
If you do not make it into the match, please sign-up on the wait list. (Same website).
There will most likely be people that have not read all the instructions so some people on the wait list will make it into the match.
We will keep you updated using the email address that you provide.

If you have any questions -- Email – Squadding@SMM3GUN.COM

ANSWERS TO SOME REGISTRATION FAQ’S

What is a "paid Shooter"?

A Paid shooter is a regular shooter like most people in the match as opposed to a "Sponsored Shooter". Paid meaning you have to pay yourself to get in the match opposed to your sponsor putting up several thousands of dollars of prize table offering in exchange for a shooting slot for a person they designate.

Will there be options for squadding requests during or after registration? It's not showing up on the practice page.

During the normal registration, there will be an option for squadding requests. It just does not show up on the "practice "page.

Can I have the registration form all filled out and just click Save at 5PM or do I have to go in once it is 5PM and then enter my info?

The website will stay in practice mode until 5pm

So you will have to wait until 5pm and 1/10 of a second to start the process

I am from a different time zone, how do I know when the registration starts in my time zone?

Here in Arizona, we do not observe daylight savings, maybe that what thru you off. The time zone challenge is confusing. Trust the countdown clock on the website. It controls when practice is turned off and registration starts. Please take the time to practice registration on the website. You would not shoot a stage without a walk-thru.

Please visit the Registration website to be sure. It has a countdown clock

This also might help __________ http://www.onlineconversion.com/timezone.php

When we register on the 20th can we pay then with a Credit Card??

Cannot pay with a credit card - Must mail in a check - the on-line registration process only confirms that you have been accepted in the match. We still need to get a check by Nov 3rd 2013.

If you are told “Congratulations You have been entered in the match”, that is your confirmation that you indeed made it in the match which is contingent upon our receipt of your check along with the printed confirmation within 2 (TWO) WEEKS of registering.

Send checks to: SMM3G P.O. Box 52770 Mesa, Arizona 85208

There are no-exceptions to the following policy:

If your check is not received by November 3rd, 2013, your slot will be given to the next person on the wait list.

Please do not register for a slot that you no intention of paying for - Thanks - SMM3G STAFF

ANSWERS TO SOME REGISTRATION FAQ’S

Can I have the registration form all filled out and just click Save at 5PM or do I have to go in once it is 5PM and then enter my info?

The website will stay in practice mode until 5pm

So you will have to wait until 5pm and 1/10 of a second to start the process

So, if I'm reading this correctly - this could turn into a speed-typing contest?