Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I guess we aren't allowed to have family obligations if we want to shoot 3 gun any more....

I will relish the fact that if I had to miss getting into this match, I did it watching my daughters have a blast carving pumpkins....

I am bummed though, this was one of the very limited matches I was going to be able to shoot next year.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the Bday wishes guys, Julies dancing around the room singing this morning and cussing Matchditector.com lol. She mentioned something about getting some Kurt Miller 10x DeCots and shooting irons lol.

The real pisser is she has to send her entry in now and wait to see if we get in, BUT could only get 80% back tomorrow and after Nov 15th that starts decreasing.

My connection to the 'interwebs" here in Tucson is a fast pipe. I had the same result as Patrick (but I am #221 on the waiting list at 15 sec. after 5:00). As far as can tell, the match was full in less than one minute. Or maybe because: "Registration Date: Oct 21, 2013 12:01:19 AM" I time jumped to midnight when I clicked and was seven hours late. Stupid me.

3 of us AZ guys tried signing up for this also. One got it, the 2nd guy is #231 on the waiting list at 5:02 and it was closed when I tried about 5 minutes later.

Edited by JWil

3 of us AZ guys tried signing up for this also. One got it, the 2nd guy is #231 on the waiting list at 5:02 and it was closed when I tried about 5 minutes later.

I'm here in AZ and am on the waitlist. A friend in Ontario Canada is in, and his interweb signal had to travel 2500 miles to get here. I guess that rules out it being a local match.

I think the part about it being a "local" match had to do with the match having 350 shooters and less than 200 open registration spots. How many out of town RO's will be working the match? I doubt very many. With an additional 150 spots left for match staff and "Paid Sponsored Shooters" that left little room for the rest of the 3 gun world.

Couple of Ideas for future sign-ups, First of all I noticed a few people that said they had the form filled out prior and just hit send when 5 rolled on. Well that wouldn’t work because the real signup from didn’t appear until right at 5 o’clock. So you would have had to go back to the start over wasting time. The real from also had squad info and the practice sign-up didn’t. Another was not to waste time filling out the squadding info as that just took time and you could have sent an separate email later for that. I did the match director practice several times and when I did the real sign-up each block remembered what I typed in and did a auto fill with only one key so I didn’t have to type in every letter in each block saving tons of time. Really just glad and feeling lucky to get in. Last year there were only 350 shooters including all the RO and sponsored, so I was wondering how many paid shooters there really are? I’m thinking between 175 and 200….

I don't know about anyone else but I filled out my practice form and kept saving it so it would update the countdown timer. Last time I did a practice save it read one second until start and I just saved it again and I was in, #16. I still think the process sucks, too many variables that we can't control. Two of my local buddies didn't get in either.

I guess we aren't allowed to have family obligations if we want to shoot 3 gun any more....

I will relish the fact that if I had to miss getting into this match, I did it watching my daughters have a blast carving pumpkins....

I am bummed though, this was one of the very limited matches I was going to be able to shoot next year.

Are you shooting the Texa Multigun Championship? It's right up the road from you....

Are you shooting the Texa Multigun Championship? It's right up the road from you....

I am pretty sure you will be able to find me hunkered over a laptop in the stat shack at that match. That one is work, not fun.

Simple solution would be bring the entry fee up to $500.

And just keep the poor people out.

There are poor people shooting 3-gun?

Me... after the grocery bill for my teenaged kids! 308 bullets put a dent in the budget too (but don't tell my wife).