Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found and ordered one in 24". I already of a Briley +6 extension from my A400. Looking at Briley extended ported chokes. I really like how they're labeled. (http://www.briley.com/BerettaHPSpectrumPortedChoke.aspx). Which combination of chokes have you found work for most stages? (skeet, mod, full, etc)

Read from Master Trapr you must. Learn you will.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190581

1301 made it through the entire Southeast Regional with no problems and it got dirty! Dropping it tons of barrels and riding on the back of the cart made it accumulate a ton of dirt. I rocked an RCI xtension with +2 Xtension and had zero problems. LOVING this gun.

Just wish I had had time to practice with a new choke I got last week. My Carlson's LM choke raised the pattern a good 3-4 inches over the Beretta IC choke and it threw me off on one stage. Slugs were still POA = POI at around 40-45 yards.

EDIT: Also, I originally thought that the walls would be inhibiting for L2/ Quad loads, but I was able to bring the walls down enough that I can very consistently and quickly using these methods. The only problem is which carriers I use and my hand size. I didn't drop a single shell while reloading this weekend.

Edited by bluedevil008

funny you mentioned the pattern shift with the Carlson's LM, my 1301 will not shoot slugs accurately with the Carlson's LM, any where near what it will do the factory IC, 18"groups at 50 versus 4" groups. The IC shoots such great patterns I may wind up not using the LM.

Also since I no longer shoot for Benelli, I will have my 1301 at USPSA nats, for anyone that wanted to shoot it with the Mega kickoff, just provide your own ammo.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

1301 made it through the entire Southeast Regional with no problems and it got dirty! Dropping it tons of barrels and riding on the back of the cart made it accumulate a ton of dirt. I rocked an RCI xtension with +2 Xtension and had zero problems. LOVING this gun.

Just wish I had had time to practice with a new choke I got last week. My Carlson's LM choke raised the pattern a good 3-4 inches over the Beretta IC choke and it threw me off on one stage. Slugs were still POA = POI at around 40-45 yards.

EDIT: Also, I originally thought that the walls would be inhibiting for L2/ Quad loads, but I was able to bring the walls down enough that I can very consistently and quickly using these methods. The only problem is which carriers I use and my hand size. I didn't drop a single shell while reloading this weekend.

Do you have pictures of how far you took down the walls? I can L2 relatively easily out of the box but quads are out of the question without modification.

Does anyone have any leads on a 24" for sale? Been looking and just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I just bought one yesterday from here:

https://www.woodburyoutfitters.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=301941

At the moment, it says out of stock. But I called them before I ordered and I'm pretty sure the lady told me that had more than 1. It might be worth a phone call.

Edited by jonny4523

Booyakasha, I'd just narrow that list down to the 1301, and the m2 field. The other guns require to much maintenance. The m2 needs another 300 or 400 spent it to be ready. The 1301 needs a tube, and a little work to the front of the port and it's gtg.

According to the Carlson website (under Optima HP, in the description for the waterfowl choke tube set), they mention no shooting slugs through any choke tighter than IC.

Really, I had my c-rums modified 1301 sighted in with LM and slugs.

According to the Carlson website (under Optima HP, in the description for the waterfowl choke tube set), they mention no shooting slugs through any choke tighter than IC.

Really, I had my c-rums modified 1301 sighted in with LM and slugs.

I'm pretty sure I've shot slugs through a mod or maybe even IM. I was surprised to see that too. But it was there. Might be a safety factor just to cover their butt?

Rick, what follower and spring length past the tube are you running to get 12? I'm just short of getting 12 in with that combo...

Mick

Mick, got an update for ya on this. I was right about the lengths. A plus 7 Nordic is longer than a +5 with a RT +2 extension. With the long Nordic tube I can load 12 easily with the stock follower and 12" of spring. I think we have a winner!

funny you mentioned the pattern shift with the Carlson's LM, my 1301 will not shoot slugs accurately with the Carlson's LM, any where near what it will do the factory IC, 18"groups at 50 versus 4" groups. The IC shoots such great patterns I may wind up not using the LM.

Also since I no longer shoot for Benelli, I will have my 1301 at USPSA nats, for anyone that wanted to shoot it with the Mega kickoff, just provide your own ammo.

Trapr

Same results here!

Took the 1301 out today. Very happy with the initial run. Here are some notes for those interested:

I have a 24" barrel. First shots were with a Carlson IC extended choke. I'm using a Briley +6 mag extension. Tube runs 2" longer than end of extended choke tube. I was able to get the 11 rounds in, but the 11th just barely fit. No modification needed to the spring. Shooting standing, unsupported with Carlson IC tube and Remington low recoil slugs, I shot a 4-5" group at 50 yards. It shot high for me though, so I might have to play with the spacers on the stock.

I shot my new 1301 today and was extremely pleased with one exception, less than 100 rounds and lost the freakin bolt release. :angry2:

Anyone know who to contact at Beretta?

What do you mean you lost it? It fell off? Broke? Screw backed out?

Beretta Customer Service

1-800-929-2901

Do you have pictures of how far you took down the walls? I can L2 relatively easily out of the box but quads are out of the question without modification.

I can load quads with mine and the "walls" are factory