Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick, I should say I am only getting the 12 with B&P shells. Estate and Win AA are just a touch too long. I do have a DMW follower on the way in that rumor has it will make enough room for 12 with the other brands. Right now I have a stock follower and 12" of spring.

First post here...long time lurker....

Im shoot uspsa "jumping ship" for 3gun...or atleast to dabble in it.

picked up a 1301 (waiting).

Just curious with a +5 how far will that extend past a 21'' barrel?

I choose the 21 because I'm a smaller frame guy and it pointed so damn fast and it just felt right.

I'm not really new to shotguns, been duck hunting for years but for the 3gun side I'm as new as it gets...Anyhow is there any real pros/cons 21 vs a 24?

Anyhow seems like everyone is have good luck with the 1301s

thanks

aaron

Aaron, the Nordic +5 should be about 6" past the barrel. (2 shotgun shells)

My +3 on 21" comes within a 1/4" of being even with end of the carlson extended choke tube. (extended choke is about 3/4" or 1" extension.

Enjoy!

First post here...long time lurker....

Im shoot uspsa "jumping ship" for 3gun...or atleast to dabble in it.

picked up a 1301 (waiting).

Just curious with a +5 how far will that extend past a 21'' barrel?

I choose the 21 because I'm a smaller frame guy and it pointed so damn fast and it just felt right.

I'm not really new to shotguns, been duck hunting for years but for the 3gun side I'm as new as it gets...Anyhow is there any real pros/cons 21 vs a 24?

Anyhow seems like everyone is have good luck with the 1301s

thanks

aaron

Mick, Got the DMW follower in today. I can get 12 of anything in but the last round is really a harder push than we will want to do on the clock. If I unscrew the RT cap a couple turns (.075) they drop right in.

Mick, the Beretta follower is .9734" and the DMW is .744".

Pat, yes the DMW is like the Beretta in capturing the spring inside the follower. I have the +5 +2 because at first I thought 10 in the tube was the bomb but I started practicing with quads and just grabbed the +2. In comparing specs though I actually think the +7 may have a bit more capacity than +5 and the +2 RT.

Rick

edited to add that I have a +7 ordered.

Edited by Neomet

The reason is probably that is what we had lying around...

:-)

Mick

And we have a winner!!!!! I guess I could have come up with the argument that I could look at stages and decide if a shorter boomstick with 10 was better than the extra rounds but I am really just not that sophisticated. More ammo = More better.

I'm about sold on this shotgun. But still can't decide between 21" vs 24". Thinking of 24" just because "why not"? I'm seeing several 21" in stock at different places. But does anyone know where I can find a 24" in stock?

Just found and ordered one in 24". I already of a Briley +6 extension from my A400. Looking at Briley extended ported chokes. I really like how they're labeled. (http://www.briley.com/BerettaHPSpectrumPortedChoke.aspx). Which combination of chokes have you found work for most stages? (skeet, mod, full, etc)

Unless you are shooting Open, ported chokes are not the way to go.