Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

I just wanted to say thanks to all for their input in this thread. I just ordered a 24" model under the guise that it is a shorter, lighter, less recoil skeet gun for my wife seeing as she can barely hold up my 32" Beretta O/U. Honey, I bought this new gun for you. :goof: I just hope she doesn't question the +5 Nordic extension I ordered from Shooter's Connection. That one is going to be difficult to explain. I ended up getting it for $1,010 shipped. Is that a good price?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say thanks to all for their input in this thread. I just ordered a 24" model under the guise that it is a shorter, lighter, less recoil skeet gun for my wife seeing as she can barely hold up my 32" Beretta O/U. Honey, I bought this new gun for you. :goof: I just hope she doesn't question the +5 Nordic extension I ordered from Shooter's Connection. That one is going to be difficult to explain. I ended up getting it for $1,010 shipped. Is that a good price?

I think mine was $1089 BEFORE shipping, so yea, you did good.

Edited by jonny4523

BigDawg you are DAMAN! Thats the best one I've heard. I've got one almost as good. I just got my Beretta 1301 comp 24 inch yesterday and I told my wife I'm selling my 1970s version Rugur Red Label O/U 12 G skeet/trap gun to fund the Beretta purchase (its a heavy gun). I told her the Ruger is a "collectors gun" and has gone up in price (somewhat true) and it will fund the purchase of my Beretta (partially). I got it out of the box and was "playing with it" and she said that's ugly and its all black. I said yup you need a black one to defend your house because the bad guys are not afraid of wood skeet guns and you can load more than 2. She thought that was smart.

I also said I needed to get it now because Obama want to ban black guns even if they are the same as wood stock guns, she replied that Obama's an idiot why would he do that!

BTW autos are new to me and I got a momentary shock when I went to feed some dummy rounds in it and it only took 3. It comes with a plug in it because its shipped from Italy. You've got to take the plug out to get the full 5 in the factory mag.

Edited by Quag

Hi everyone,

First post here and thanks to this thread I have a 24" 1301 Comp on the way. My price was $1086 including NIC and NJ sales tax, that was about as good as I was seeing anywhere and I was fine with that price.

After reading through this thread twice, when the shotgun arrives I will:

- check the bolt release screw

- check the mid bead screw

This is my first shotgun so I need to order some ammunition. It seems Winchester AA (1145fps), Fiocchi Low Recoil are mentioned quite a bit as well as Winchester Super X #00 buck.

Sound about right? Any further suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Scott

Mag tube extension

^ This. My Nordic +5 mag tube extension arrived today along with a ShotMaxx watch (really looking forward to trying that out). My shotgun will be at the FFL on Monday, so I'm kind of bummed that I don't get to play with it this weekend, but it will get shot a good bit next week.

Hi everyone,

First post here and thanks to this thread I have a 24" 1301 Comp on the way. My price was $1086 including NIC and NJ sales tax, that was about as good as I was seeing anywhere and I was fine with that price.

This is my first shotgun so I need to order some ammunition. It seems Winchester AA (1145fps), Fiocchi Low Recoil are mentioned quite a bit as well as Winchester Super X #00 buck.

Thanks and regards,

Scott

For the Ammo:

Winchester AA Light Target (red hull): Rogers Sporting Goods (online). $.32/rd (and even better when the Winchester AA rebate comes to town)

Fiochhi Low Recoil Slugs: DSGarms.com $.80/rd shipped when you buy 250

Edited by jonny4523

Hi everyone,

Thanks and regards,

Scott

For the Ammo:

Winchester AA Light Target (red hull): Rogers Sporting Goods (online). $.32/rd (and even better when the Winchester AA rebate comes to town)

Fiochhi Low Recoil Slugs: DSGarms.com $.80/rd shipped when you buy 250

Thanks! Anyone know if the Fiocchi High Velocity Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 00 Buckshot works well? Then I can just feed the Italian a steady diet of Italian?

Mag tube extension

If this was meant for me, I'm in NJ where mag capacity for a semi-automatic shotgun cannot exceed 6 rounds....

Not the best place to live if you like guns! :angry2:

Hmmm...so a +1 extension?

:surprise: There has got to be a market for those, right?

Picked my wife's 21" 1301 up today ... Mid bead was loose in the case! Installed the Nordic +5 and already cut the spring down to 12" and still can't get 10 rounds in. Not sure if I should keep trimming or wait until I can get another spring. Shell 9 still feeds with authority at 12"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mag tube extension

capacity for a semi-automatic shotgun cannot exceed 6 rounds....

:angry2:

I guess if you shoot in state, everybody is under the same communist thumb.

For out of state, keep it at a friends/relatives house, or a in PO box or safe deposit box in a free state that's on the way to the match. Pick it up on the way. A PITA for sure but maybe easier than moving or going illegal.

Picked my wife's 21" 1301 up today ... Mid bead was loose in the case! Installed the Nordic +5 and already cut the spring down to 12" and still can't get 10 rounds in. Not sure if I should keep trimming or wait until I can get another spring. Shell 9 still feeds with authority at 12"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in how you resolve this, I just got my 1301 and I am thinking of getting a nordic +5 and I don't like the idea of chopping up the spring.