Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help.

Second trip to the range with my new 24" 1301. 100 rounds of WWB 2 3/4 dram, 1 oz, 8 shot. Had approximately 20 FTF's during the session. It was well lubed. When I physcally work the action, I seem to feel a lot of resistance at the point in the cycle where the bolt engages the lifter. Not sure if that is normal but compared to my Xtrema II, it feels significantly greater. Any ideas?

The WWB shells are made for cheap dove loads. The brass part is out of spec in some cases and the crimp is crap. Even the shot is not consistantly round, which causes erratic patterns. Spend $1.50 more per box and buy good ammo.

stop buying CHEAP ammo and then blaming the gun for not working!!!

I just got back from a class I taught and we used 1oz, loads at 1100fps, 1 1/8 oz at 1040fps, .75oz at 1140fps and everything ran, they were top quality loads. Rem sts and Win AA, and reloads. The old adage about garbage in and garbage out holds true. you spent good money on a great gun and now you want to run cheap ammo??????

the only thing we noticed was that a person of small stature (women and kids) need to take an aggressive stance to run the gun, but then the same holds true for Benelli's look at Katie Harris and Katie Francis they both break the leading knee to give the gun some resistance to work with.

Cheap american ammo will run sometimes, cheap european ammo tends to not run at all, there are a couple of companies that make case checkers just like we use for case gauging our rifle and pistol ammo, I highly recommend you spend the couple of bucks they cost and see what kind of crap ammo is out there.

...there are a couple of companies that make case checkers just like we use for case gauging our rifle and pistol ammo, I highly recommend you spend the couple of bucks they cost and see what kind of crap ammo is out there.

I've been looking for some. Do you have a source? My google-foo is failing me.

If it appeared as if i was only blaming the gun, i apologize. I was not. I was only asking for assistance with a problem i was having and thought this was a good place for it. And for the record, you guys were correct. I put another 100 rounds through it yesterday. This time, Federal 2 3/4dr, 1 1/8 oz, 8 shot without any hiccup whatsoever. Thank you for the advice. I am very happy with this shotgun and was only looking for a little help. Thanks.

Guys if you do some looking around in Shotgun world forums you will find problems with rio's, kemen's and the worst shell made Nobel Sport..Not saying the shell don't shoot well, they just don't run 100% in beretta auto's...

...there are a couple of companies that make case checkers just like we use for case gauging our rifle and pistol ammo, I highly recommend you spend the couple of bucks they cost and see what kind of crap ammo is out there.

I've been looking for some. Do you have a source? My google-foo is failing me.

Here is the one I have...works great...http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1431

STI91, i was not directing the comment at you if it seemed that way I apologize.

I just hear those same comments from so many people about different guns rifles pistols, SG's. why some people feel that they can run cheap ammo without any regard to functioning is very frustrating, especially when you're trying to help them figure out why they are having gun issues. A race car driver isn't going to put regular gas in the race car, a top fueler isn't going to, a pro basketballer isn't going to "practice" on a neighborhood court with a crappy floor and loose basket, a pro baseball player isn't going to have half speed pitches thrown to him to practice hitting, now I realize despite what you may have paid for or heard on various forums, we are not PRO shooters but the equipment we use IS the same. If we want it to run the same we have to feed it what it needs not what we want. If we want to practice emergency action drills, for when our gun does go down then by all means put crap ammo in it, we'll get plenty of practice clearing guns and getting them back to shooting.

BTW, Mark put a source for the case gauge on here, there is another located in AZ somewhere that I remember I just can't remember the name, they also make flame etched SG extension tubes and caps if any one knows the source please post it here.

Trapr

I ran a 2-gun event yesterday ..shotgun was 3 stages total round count 48 birdshot and 6 slugs. . All using factory choke .. just wanted to let you all know it ran great and the only errors were mine .. slow loading. . But also had no problems with using RIO 7.5 loads

I have run nothing but the cheap Walmart bulk Winchester and Federal and not had a single problem. I have put about 500 shells through the gun. Maybe I'm lucky and have jinxed myself since I'm saying this but I will keep shooting the cheap stuff until it becomes a problem.

for those of you wanting a lower profile bolt drop paddle, the one RNT makes for Benelli's works very well. You can get them from Tim Ubl at Taccom, or Chris Patty at CPWSA, or Brownells. pics of one mounted can be found on FB, Red Neck Tactical

trapr

STI91, i was not directing the comment at you if it seemed that way I apologize

I just hear those same comments from so many people about different guns rifles pistols, SG's. why some people feel that they can run cheap ammo without any regard to functioning is very frustrating, especially when you're trying to help them figure out why they are having gun issues. A race car driver isn't going to put regular gas in the race car, a top fueler isn't going to, a pro basketballer isn't going to "practice" on a neighborhood court with a crappy floor and loose basket, a pro baseball player isn't going to have half speed pitches thrown to him to practice hitting, now I realize despite what you may have paid for or heard on various forums, we are not PRO shooters but the equipment we use IS the same. If we want it to run the same we have to feed it what it needs not what we want. If we want to practice emergency action drills, for when our gun does go down then by all means put crap ammo in it, we'll get plenty of practice clearing guns and getting them back to shooting.

BTW, Mark put a source for the case gauge on here, there is another located in AZ somewhere that I remember I just can't remember the name, they also make flame etched SG extension tubes and caps if any one knows the source please post it here.

Trapr

Roulette tactical...and they just shut their website down for good yesterday. I got in on a couple good deals though.

First post for me on the forum but I had several shops looking for a 1301 with a 24" barrel for me (about 2 months). Today 2 of them received them and called me. I'm going with my local gun shop in Dallas but the other one was The Scope Smith down in Houston. Phone is 281-384-1482 but they also have a website.

Ran the 1301 this weekend in the Indiana Multigun Series at WVRPC. She ran beautifully with both Light and Super Sport AA ammo. I load weak hand from CCW and Safariland shell caddies. The lifter bit me a few times (although not nearly what the non-welded Benelli used to do). So I think I'll still weld it. Very light and easy to shoulder. Couldn't be happier.