Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the range on Sunday and tried the Walmart Winchester Universal brand ammo again.

The first round failed to eject (FTE), however, the following rounds fired just fine. I don't trust it yet for a match, but I will buy the lower price ammo to practice with.

Slugs: Purchased some low-recoil slugs and I could definitely tell the difference!!! I put two low-recoil slugs behind some Winchester Super X (1600 fps) and fired away. In my opinion, the liow recoil slugs felt like the Federal shot (7 1/2, 1 1/8oz) that I tend to use.

I will try more WW ammo

Have around 600 rounds thru my new 24" in the last three weeks since picking it up.

Buddy of mine works @ Beretta USA, suggested I break it in with running 100 rounds of heavy field load thru it. Did exactly that with Federal 7.5 1 1/4oz Game-Shok heavy field load, shooting at random speeds and intervals. Since then, I've run Federal and Winchester bulk pack from Wally, Winchester AA light target, Federal Top Gun 2 3/4 dram and 3 dram, winchester super x, remington nitro gold, remington gun club target, and Fiocchi Aero Low Recoil 7/8oz slugs. Haven't had a single issue with any of them, zero failures of any kind.

Thanks, now you made me look and confirm, yet again, that my carrier is still on backorder at Brownells. LOL Looks nice.

I called all over the US today looking for a few carriers (Brownells, Cole's, Midwest and Beretta USA). I turned up nothing :sick:

Edited by GunCat

Thanks, now you made me look and confirm, yet again, that my carrier is still on backorder at Brownells. LOL Looks nice.

I called all over the US today looking for a few carriers (Brownells, Cole's, Midwest and Beretta USA). I turned up nothing :sick:

Really? I just back ordered one from Brownells and it came in last week.

Where can I find a middle bead for the 1301 lost mine in a match ? What size allen does it take for the screw on the bolt release ?

Thanks,Keith

For the bead, Midwest Gun works

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=C5E690&Store_Code=mgwi&search=C5E690&offset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

T-10 torx for the bolt release

This thread is really making me want sell my JM pro and get an 1301. i use an a300 for my hunting shotgun so i am already used to the safety location.

You won't be sorry if you do....the 1301 works!

Cheapest I have found is 973 from grab a gun. Anyone get theirs new cheaper than that? still hoping to find a nice used one locally. listed the jm pro on some local sites today.

That's a great price. I'd jump on it.

Cheapest I have found is 973 from grab a gun. Anyone get theirs new cheaper than that? still hoping to find a nice used one locally. listed the jm pro on some local sites today.

That's a great price. I'd jump on it.

973 is a good price for a new one. I lucked out and got mine for 800 hardly used last year from a guy who wanted a ruger red labe.l

That's a $30 price drop from just a week ago. I bought my 1301 from Grabagun last week for $1,003. I put it through its paces last weekend, and it ran flawlessly.

what is the general opinion of 21 inch vs 24 inch? Thinking of running around a +4 tube with an extended choke.

This is my 24" with a Nordic Components +5. I think with an extended choke it will almost be completely flush.

13995144793_16fcb21a65_c.jpgUntitled by , on Flickr

Edited by BigDawg308

what is the general opinion of 21 inch vs 24 inch? Thinking of running around a +4 tube with an extended choke.

The choice is a fashion statement. In a blind taste test consumer's couldn't choose which one is Folgers.

I can tell the difference between 21 and 24 inch guns. For me the 21 inch guns feel better. Especially on courses with lots of ports and side to side transitions. On the current vogue of hosemaster shotgun it doesn't seem to matter. For a trunk gun, a 21 " with 8+1 configuration makes life a whole lot easier.