Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is camo clothing frowned upon at matches?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I shot almost evey match wearing my TDK (5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt) blue "tacti croks" and various gun t-shirts. My TDK is OD in color, so does that make it wrong? Some times I was "comando" but it was cause it was freaking hot out. Is that wrong?

I think too many people get their pantys in a bunch over nothing. Lighten up people, there are much bigger issues out there that are worth spending some energy on.

Jon

I went to the match yesterday in full camo. I was camouflaged as a harmless old senior shooter. Surprised some of the young guys when I won Production Division. LOL

I remember when I first started shooting a t a public range there was a older guy named Tony. He was a old bullseye shooter. His hand would shake really bad when he aimed the gun. He would shoot groups I could only dream about. I don't over look the senior shooters. Seems they have had time to practice

I suppose I should be a little embarassed that I just took the time to read this entire thread. What can I say, it's a slow morning at work.

First and foremost, I like Sarge's MD approach. I'd let them shoot but pull them aside and give them some advice.

What I think should be most concerning about an over the top tacticool poser is whether they're going to be a safe shooter. The scariest kind of newbie has too much confidence and is unwilling to take advice. And anyone who comes out ATAS (gotta love that one) is wearing a billboard that they're sporting some serious confidence and pretty strong ideas.

So the real test is what they do when they immediately recognize they're way over dressed. If they quietly lose the fingerless gloves and kabar strapped to their calf without having to be told, they'll probably work out. If they're so oblivious that they have to be nudged into losing them they're certainly not the brightest bulb in the pack, but they may still work out. If they argue, well...we don't need their money that bad.

So for me it has nothing to do with personal freedom...it's are you ready to learn.

And I can attest to the kilt and blue crocs -- and they shoot faster than I do :(