Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Selling my streetbike..

renzo808

I was looking at sport bikes a few years ago. Two coworkers got into wrecks not five months apart.

One escaped lucky. Broke wrist and scrapes and bruises. The other not so fortunate - paralysed from tbe waist down.

I gave it up right after that.

You're right - shooting is safer!

Wanna buy another open gun? :roflol:

You're gonna miss her but now you can shoot more.

What you like sell me? Your Cameron? :goof:

Nah.. Won't miss her, considering I had several "close calls" already from innatentive drivers.. I miss you guys more when I don't come shoot on Sundays.. :D

Several years ago I had two friends die 90 days apart in motorcycle accidents. Neither was at fault. I sold both of my bikes right after the second accident and have never looked bazso

Sorry to hear that. I had a friend who just had a baby girl and couple months later, he passed away in a bike wreck. Really horrible feeling. :(

The two rules of riding bikes.

Rule 1. There are two types of riders. The first are those that are in a wreck this very moment. The other is the group that will be.

Rule 2. There is no such thing as a minor accident on a motorcycle.

Having raced and ridden on the street and seeing the carnage for years it still took many a year to remove youth's illusion of immortality before I had my moment of clarity. Be glad you got out now.

I wrecked 3 R-1's and a ZX 9 , (One in sanctioned race, one on the street being stupid, One from bad luck, and one due to negligent car driver) ,

Got 1 stolen.

Accrued several traffic tickets, One for a 168 in a 55 on the way back from Blue Ridge Parkway after tank banging into mountainside because a dump truck was in my lane on a 90 degree curve. (My handlebars were cockeyed and front brake lever broken off and still blastin it down the highway on the way back.)

That was 2 years ago and I took up shooting

Figured hanging out with a bunch of guys with guns would be safer :cheers:

Congrats! My father still rides with regularity and he lives and works between Camas Washington and Portland Oregon. I am convinced at his age of 72, that he figures he is living on penalty time now anyway. He instilled a fear of street bikes in me at an early age and I never got into them. I love to look, just don't wan't to go down that route.

It's been fun. But I think shooting is safer than riding.... Especially since I liked riding fast!!!!! GOODBYE ol GIRL.......... :cheers:

Figured hanging out with a bunch of guys with guns would be safer :cheers:

Isn't that the truth? Sold my ZX636 to pay for college, but I could afford to race guns after that. Still love bikes, and might get one again, but for now I have visited a few too many friends in the hospital, or worse...

What? You no ride 'em to work? I bet not with THAT parking lot. :roflol:

Funny I'm actually thinking of getting another bike...actually another KLR 650. I miss my old one.

Edited by gino_aki

What? You no ride 'em to work? I bet not with THAT parking lot. :roflol:

Funny I'm actually thinking of getting another bike...actually another KLR 650. I miss my old one.

After my car got stolen from the parking lot, I was paranoid about bringing my bike to work. :surprise:

I wrecked my GSX-R 10 years ago doing about 80mph without a helmet (Utah doesn't require them). I was lucky to be alive and to escape with the non-life threatening injuries I had. It took 5 surgeries and 6 months to get me back to normal. That same summer I lost two friends to bike wrecks. I never had the desire to own another.

I am on the same boat. I haven't ridden my motorcycle in 3 years but I haven't skipped a single weekend of shooting in that same time-frame. Maybe it's time for me to sell my ride too and buy more bullets!

Pat and I lived a house apart.

As young men we had some bikes--mostly him.

I was telling someone this weekend, we were visiting the chicken place from Breaking Bad, I was describing how I was racing a Mustang on my Suzuki doing 105 mph on two lane road. Not too smart but ...

Later I got clocked doing 85 in 25 leaving the university for work. I worked off that ticket. As Pat's brother once said, it is really had to put two in a front seat of a bike. I sold the bike,

and MY DAD brought himself one to ride to work. He did that for years.

A few years ago, I almost got a Buell. The price was great but I had a daughter in private school getting ready to leave for an out of state college.

Now I am just too old with slow reaction time.

Good thinking about selling the bike. BTW: I might have a SV Open gun for sale soon. :surprise:

My wife LOVES our motorcycle. I don't think she'd let me sell it even if I wanted to.

It's a Buell XB-12X Ulysses. Great for 2 up riding, I have 3 piece luggage, and it's as happy on dirt roads and fire trails as it is on tight twisty roads.

What's the down side? The motor. It's hot as hell from 0 to about 70 mph, but that Harley based motor and tall gearing slows it down. Maybe it's for the best, it keeps me out of trouble, but I still have fun on it.

I hope you find a responsible rider for your Suzuki.