Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gliney00,

The Stoeger will do just fine. I have a 24" having moved up from a 21 1187 and I could not be happier. It loads easy and cycles everything I've run through it. Mine was built by Tom out at MOA. He relieved the underside of the action and did some trigger work. Relax and enjoy your new gun. Shooting more usually beats spending more on equipment so long as the equipment runs.

Gliney00,

The Stoeger will do just fine. I have a 24" having moved up from a 21 1187 and I could not be happier. It loads easy and cycles everything I've run through it. Mine was built by Tom out at MOA. He relieved the underside of the action and did some trigger work. Relax and enjoy your new gun. Shooting more usually beats spending more on equipment so long as the equipment runs.

What he ^^^ said!

I thought about doing a RNT but the way the Stoeger's latch is designed I like having the large button. So when I am practiceinv loading you can push on the back of the button while holding the carrier down and it will unload the shotgun. With the hinged shell latch. I felt I would lose that feature with the RNT. But my button was super hard so if you are going to drill and tap yourself get a Good drill and cutting oil.

I thought about doing a RNT but the way the Stoeger's latch is designed I like having the large button. So when I am practiceinv loading you can push on the back of the button while holding the carrier down and it will unload the shotgun. With the hinged shell latch. I felt I would lose that feature with the RNT. But my button was super hard so if you are going to drill and tap yourself get a Good drill and cutting oil.

That pushing the back of the button an unload two during a match which is what happened to me at the 3GN Vegas Regional and I didn't even have an oversized button on the gun. That's why I don't run an oversized bolt release on this gun.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

That pushing the back of the button an unload two during a match which is what happened to me at the 3GN Vegas Regional and I didn't even have an oversized button on the gun. That's why I don't run an oversized bolt release on this gun. I might try the RNT tab even though it pains me to do so.

I never intentionally use it as a shell release in a match only as an aid in unloading at home when practicing.

I just got done running 2 boxes of winchester 7 1/2 1-1/8oz dove loads and the 3K ran perfect. Prior to shooting the gun for the first time I did leave the bolt locked to the rear for a few days and I also ploished the magazine tube to a mirror finish startign with 100 grit, then 400 dry, then 1000 wet, 1500 wet, 2500 wet , then metal polish on cotton. Not only is it silky smooth, it looks cool! pretty happy overall with the gun and real happy it runs cheap ammo without problems.

AN RNT RAPID RELEASE TAB???

It may pain you to do so Jesse, but all you have to do is ask for one. You don't have to talk it up, you can say you made it yourself, you can say you made it out of a leaf spring. All you need to do is tell me if it works. I got them in shiny silver, bead blasted matte, and Nitrided black. You can text, P.M. use a double blind cut out....what ever! This is a complete gift to you in memory of Sailor Jerry. I don't need nothing from ya! No endorsement, no mention on NPR, no here I am with RNT interview crap. Since the Duck crowd found out about them, 3-gun sales seem a bit......well....uhh....you know. I just sent 300 to Spain!

Here is my recent shotgun only match. Please pardon my D-class shooting, I just like to show how the M3K had zero malfunctions. I thought I had a malfunction on stage 1 but I stupidly racked the bolt on an loaded chamber. Stage 3 is an all slug stage. Stage 4 is mix of bird, buck, and slugs. I had a couple of people asking how the M3K is. Thing is like a truck that just keeps on chugging along. Oh, and I also had 4 rounds of skeet the day before so ya, like a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZ9dC07hIQ

Edited by balmo

No I don't make one for the Stoger. I have been told a couple of different stories. One it drops right on and works great, one it works but has to be glued to the hand guard, and now it needs to be remade entirely. There is the one I make and the one made by Dave's Metal works, I don't fore see me making one specifically for the Stogers.

The stamp die is already made the way it is, it can't be made longer by just saying it needs to be longer. Stamp dies cost around $1500.00 to make plus the cost of the material to make it for the 100 or so folks that might buy one for Stogers. I just can't see the return to do it.

Yea I don't blame you for that kurt. I guess I envisioned you in a hunter cabin in WY grinding these things on a foot powered grinder true redneck style :devil: Anywho, I might get some spring steel and hack one together for the fun of it to see if it will work. (if you don't mind kurt) I promise I will not get into the sales business!