Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun 2013 -- October 17-19 at Rockcastle Shootin

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look at several of the stages. Getting ready for some humility. Crazy...

There's that confidence booster I needed :(

Looking forward to seeing you & many other friends. Wednesday can't get here fast enough to point that truck North!!!

Just had a look at several of the stages. Getting ready for some humility. Crazy...

There's that confidence booster I needed :(

Looking forward to seeing you & many other friends. Wednesday can't get here fast enough to point that truck North!!!

Yeah, I've had about all the humility I can stand this year. Maybe I'll switch to "light" cigarettes for the match. That should help, right?

For those interested, there will be a fantastic Massage Therapist at "The Rock" during the BRM3G. Just call up to the front desk to book a session, (270) 749-4101. Also, there are rooms left at the range. The same number can get you connected for a great stay at Park Mammoth Resort while you are at the match.

Anyone know where Stage 7 is located? (all the others I recognize from the aerial views)

Could be the area on the right as you come up the main entrance road. (The extra bays we use at pistol matches).

Just guessing. See you tomorrow.

Dave

Anyone know where Stage 7 is located? (all the others I recognize from the aerial views)

Could be the area on the right as you come up the main entrance road. (The extra bays we use at pistol matches).

Just guessing. See you tomorrow.

Dave

Looks familiar now, I'd say you are correct.

Behind the wheel and enroute.

Drive safely. My gear is stacked up…and I still have to put in my 8+ on Wednesday before I can get there. With any luck I’ll still be there by 5:30 pm.

Just in case… is there any chance of a post 6pm sign in for us working stiffs? Let’s say 7-8pm or so?

Stages 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 have us "standing at the start position with pistol loaded and holstered".

It does not state magazine inserted and chamber empty on the pistol.

On each of these stages you start with one of the long guns and not the pistol.

My question is: Will we be allowed to just insert a magazine in the pistol without chambering a round?

I'm asking because I would rather have a "STICK" fall out of it's holster instead of a hot pistol for all the obvious reasons. :surprise:

I spent most of the day Sunday turning the screws on my pistol holster :lol: . Cant wait.

I have gone to a retention holster just so I don't have to run back and get my blaster with Brian yelling at me!

Edited by ClutchUSMC

Stages 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 have us "standing at the start position with pistol loaded and holstered".

My question is: Will we be allowed to just insert a magazine in the pistol without chambering a round?

I'm asking because I would rather have a "STICK" fall out of it's holster instead of a hot pistol for all the obvious reasons. :surprise:

Andy or the RO's on the stage will have to answer for sure, but my personal opinion is that it's a test of your gear & ability. If the start position is hot, and I'm an RO in a match, I'm not keeping track of 250 people's personal choice and who I have to stop or not. If my written brief says it's hot at the start, then it's gonna be hot unless the MD states otherwise at the RO brief. Again, totally personal opinion (albeit probably not a popular one).

Shot 6 stages today. Too tired to elaborate .

Are reports from the ground this morning?

Stage design thoughts? Quality and quantity of bacon on the breakfast buffet? New offerings in the Cave Valley Winery? (You know, the important stuff)

Lead-Head: I’ve got some elaboration enhancement to put the pep back in your step. Its none of that 9 year old stuff ;-)

At last years match, Rob Romero was in my squad and he ran the non-pistol start stages without a round in the chamber for the exact reason you are asking. I remember him asking the RO on each of those stages about starting that way. I BELIEVE they agreed he could and it would NOT be a match DQ if his pistol fell out of the holster. It never happened, so I don't know how they would have handled it if the pistol did fall.

I'd ask the RO's at each stage and make sure they know you are carrying a "stick" so they don't stop you for a DQ.