Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun 2013 -- October 17-19 at Rockcastle Shootin

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone determine from the picture map on the stage description where the stages are located?

Here’s what I’m thinking:

Stage 1-4 are in Thunder Valley

Stage 5 ?

Stage 6 is the road to Pistol Mountain (behind/beside the golf course)

Stage 7 ?

Stage 8 is at the old Bath House

Stage 9 is in Cowboy Town

I would like clarification on the amount of rounds I can have in the shotgun in TO. Is 8 in the tube and one in the chamber the max after the start signal? Or can I load more after the buzzer?

"6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical class may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8 rounds in the magazine tube."

The max your shotgun tube can be loaded at any time (including after the buzzer) is 8 rounds, 9 if you have one in the chamber.

The rules seem to indicate that on an empty chamber start I could have 8 in the tube and 1 on the lifter(ghost load)...but at TFD3G I was told by 1 RO that you can't do that. Which is it?

Can't wait to see all of our fiends again soon at the BRM3G. Just a heads up, there are still plenty of rooms left at Rockcastle/ Park Mammoth Resort. The rooms are $81 for Single Occup, $99 for Double Occup. Just call the front desk and talk to Amy at (270) 749-4101. Again, can't wait to see all of you.

Mark97se

The rules have always been 8 in the tube plus one in the chamber if you start loaded chamber. If you start empty chamber you can have 8 in the gun and the "lifter" would be considered part of the mag tube. Please don't hold me to this, maybe an email to Andy would be in order if you want the perfect answer, I am just going on what has been allowed in the past. This may be partly to do with the fact some shotguns can't be loaded with one sitting on the lifter.

Mr. Payne is correct...8 in the shotgun when there is a empty chamber start. What a bunch of gamers:)

I know Andy is still packing for the match and I leave tomorrow early AM to hit the road to be there by the 8th. Yes, it does take that much time to set the match up.

Hope to see everyone there soon!

Busyhawk

Need some HELP, I posted in the other thread but other than guys saying they think so, I haven't heard from anyone who has.

We are going to the International match at RC, and am wanting to know IF there is a place to park my camper ON SITE, has anyone here done it?

I called the Lodge to ask about parking my trailer they said , NO , nearest place is 2-3 miles away. Thought about staying there but an extra $400.00+ dollars is kinda spendy.

Is there someone ELSE I need to call? ? I would MUCH rather park on site if possible, NO hookups are needed. Just a parking spot.

Need some HELP, I posted in the other thread but other than guys saying they think so, I haven't heard from anyone who has.

We are going to the International match at RC, and am wanting to know IF there is a place to park my camper ON SITE, has anyone here done it?

I called the Lodge to ask about parking my trailer they said , NO , nearest place is 2-3 miles away. Thought about staying there but an extra $400.00+ dollars is kinda spendy.

Is there someone ELSE I need to call? ? I would MUCH rather park on site if possible, NO hookups are needed. Just a parking spot.

A few years ago we parked the camper at Jellystone in Cave City. Don't think it was too spendy since it is considered off season

A few years ago we parked the camper at Jellystone in Cave City. Don't think it was too spendy since it is considered off season

There is a CG that is adjacent to Rock Castle called Diamond Caverns. It has been recently purchased by Encore and apparently cleaned up at least I hope so. We stayed there a few years ago. Reasonable rates and only a few minutes away.

There is a CG that is adjacent to Rock Castle called Diamond Caverns. It has been recently purchased by Encore and apparently cleaned up at least I hope so. We stayed there a few years ago. Reasonable rates and only a few minutes away.

Thanks, Hope to arrive about 3 pm on Thurs, we'll check it out.

Thanks, Hope to arrive about 3 pm on Thurs, we'll check it out.

I hope you meant Wednesday. The match begins on Thursday morning.

:surprise: WHEWWWW, had me worried for a minute,

Then I realized I posted in the WRONG RC thread :blush: , we're shooting the Int 3 gun at RC 2 weeks later.

OFF to double check the dates on that one!

Loaded tube + empty chamber = stick

Empty rifle with no mag = stick

At least that's how blueridge has been the past 2 years & TF Dagger match this year

By =stick you mean ???

thanks

He means that under those circumstances, a 180 rule, or "dropped" gun would not apply (to those guns in that condition), they are inert objects. Hence "stick"

At least that's how blueridge has been the past 2 years & TF Dagger match this year

By =stick you mean ???

thanks

He means that under those circumstances, a 180 rule, or "dropped" gun would not apply (to those guns in that condition), they are inert objects. Hence "stick"

Been the same thing for unloaded pistols as well.

By =stick you mean ???

thanks

By =stick you mean ???

thanks

Unless you are in the process of loading or unloading then the rules specifically call for a DQ. In other instances if you drop a "stick" say if your sling breaks there will most likely be a procedural penalty; last year it was 5 seconds.

Edited by MED