Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun 2013 -- October 17-19 at Rockcastle Shootin

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

Raymond, we still have lots of room, and you'll be registered in the match. Just been a little busy with the TFD3G and some other things. Sorry for the delay.

For everyone's information and for clarification: Any ammo that is attracted by a magnet is NOT allowed at the match. This includes ammo with bi-metal bullets.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

We still have openings for the match, and I have a few registration confirmations to send out. Since the TFD3G is coming up, it will be 3-4 weeks before any responses go out concerning the BRM3G.

Take care,

Andy

My app and check is in the mail.

For those interested, the Park Mammoth / Rockcastle Lodge still has rooms available for the dates, at least they did when I booked mine this morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Curious mind at work here, it's my first time for this match.....but is there a specific reason the match is scheduled Thursday through Saturday instead of Friday through Sunday?

I'm self employed, so it means an extra day off work. Still planning on making it, I just have to make sure finances are set well in advance with the extra day off.

A year ago I did an informal survey of BRM3G shooters and ROs concerning the Thursday start. The slight majority of shooters favored a Thursday start. However, the staff preferred Thursday over 2:1 --- which was the primary reason for the change. The responses after last year's match also favored the Thurs to Sat schedule.

See you there!!

Andy

We finish up shooting on Saturday afternoon for the Saturday night awards party and auction! Makes it a more festive atmosphere than trying to get it in early afternoon on Sunday.

And for those of us flying, the number of days off is really the same since we have to take Monday off with a Fri-Sun schedule.

Edited by gose

you had me at "party"

It all makes sense. Was just curious. I'm hoping the match is everything everyone claims it to be so that next year when I sit down and decide where to go, I'm still ok with only working 40% of the work week again.

When the match is over your feet will hurt, you will be tired, sore, probably have a blister or two. But, 9 or 10 100+ second stages (180+ seconds at times...) running through the woods and fields of Rockcastle- it will be worth it.

Maybe it's because this was my first 3 gun match- but Blue Ridge has always been my favorite. Of course one of the benefits of working it the past 4 years is I've finished the match each year. The year of the tornado we had great weather shooting as staff. And the year of the monsoon we just shot through it. :)

Edited by Bryan 45

• 2 weeks later...

1st time shooting this match and this range. Not a first time shooter though but been locked in a closet since my Master Blaster years!

Cant wait~!!! and a possible ride share from Northern Ohio.?

Already have a room if nobody wants to join me looks like the wife might want to :angry2: <heavy sigh> :roflol:

My shooting team member (son) will be in school and doesn't feel hes good enough yet to spend the big bucks to shoot. Unless he plays hookie to be my gun bearer and check out the big time~!

Contact me for details, references and even some practice, my range or yours, as I wouldn't want to match run with just anyone as I am sure you feel the same way.

Just re-read the rules and I'm looking for clarification. Would a 2011 be allowed in Tactical IRON's division? Thanks

Handgun rules are the same for both Tactical classes (Optics & Irons) so I don't see why not as long as you meet the 140mm max requirement.